Hosting Issues

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Hosting Issues

Post by sporaTiK »

I've only seen one person who was able to host tonight - gurkin' my durkin'. Everyone else who usually can host... cannot tonight. weird. HELP?!

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Hosting Issues

Post by Jodocus »

How many were online? Couldn't even people with port forward (green ping) host? Or just RIP games?
If it is just RIP games, the NeoEE Hosting Service may have failed. This would require a server restart.

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

Gurke here - Update on the matter: Yesterday i think only People with port forward were able to host including me. Today no one, even with forwarded ports can host. We aint get no ping either. Also i noticed in Options tab, as "Public IP Adress" is always shown "checking" followed by "unavailable". We tried with several people having forwarded ports seems to be a server issue. Any help would be nice.

Greetings gurke

Edit: We played bit around and found 1 Person until now being able to host, which would be Warter on his 2nd Pc, where he has not updated windows, yesterday. Were not sure atm if the windows update has sth to do with it. Strange thing is that for me im able to load with him on my work laptop(win 8.1) but not on my normal EE laptop ( win xp), but cowboys7 who got win xp too, is able to load with him. So atm were totally confused :D :D
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

phoenix
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: phoenix

Post by phoenix »

I have a good ping when I host, but when other players enter my game, they are rip, and i cant start the game. Bulivy is the only one so far who can host that I've seen. And no, i haven't updated the windows yet. So I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with it.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

serverproblem.jpg
serverproblem.jpg (19.58 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

James_Peach
Lurker

Post by James_Peach »

Yeah I've been able to host no problem for awhile now and I haven't been able to the past couple days. I've also experienced more game crashes as well. Like right now the only person on that can host is fly_dance but even though everyone loaded the game crashed right away. I don't know if that is related to the whole server issues?

<3 Helios

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Works now!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

I think a server restart fixed that issue for now.

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

Thank you jodocus, really appreciating fast response :)
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Return to “Support”