Saved Games

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
bobbygregg33
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Twinkie D-Lite

Saved Games

Post by bobbygregg33 »

Me and a friend are new to the Neo EE game. We finally managed to set up the open ports to allow multiplayer, but for some reason we are unable to load in a saved game.

He has his ports set so he can host, mine are unmodified. Would this be an issue when trying to load in a saved game?

The ready button is always greyed out and it does not allow me the option to ready the game.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Saved Games

Post by Jodocus »

When you load a saved game a white percentage appears next to the members names indicating the progress of transmitting the file from the host. As it reaches 100% you may be able to press ready. When all members are ready AND all human players joined the saved game, the host may start the game. If there is someone missing, it is not possible (or at least, it is not so easy to).

If you play Empire Earth Classic (no AoC expansion) using NeoEE patch and you forwarded game ports don't forget to disable new hosting mode in the file HostPingRIP.txt (by setting 'true' to 'false' there), otherwise port forward won't be used. You may see some info about it on http://www.neoee.net/faq

For better help, you may should post some screenshot of the setting screen with the game loaded that you cannot start.

bobbygregg33
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Twinkie D-Lite

Post by bobbygregg33 »

Thanks for the reply. We both changed our HostPingRIP to false, but still no luck. I will take a screenshot next time around and post it as well.

We let it sit for around 15 min one night and I never left 0% for loading, but that would explain why the ready button was greyed out I think.

Thanks

Nikos
Lurker
Lobby Username: Meister der Republik

Ich habe das selbe Problem/I got the same problem

Post by Nikos »

Das Problem ist bereits beschrieben worden, daher nur ein paar kurze Sätze.
Ein Spiel zu erstellen, dem Spiel beizutreten und es zu starten funktioniert reibungslos.
Doch ein gespeichertes Spiel erneut zu laden funktioniert nicht.

Sonst hat es immer funktioniert. Wir haben das letzte mal vor einigen Monaten gespielt, daher kann es sein, dass
eine Aktualisierung etwas verändert haben könnte. Die Prozent-Zahl, bleibt auf 0% wie oben beschrieben.

Dankbar wäre ich, wenn mir jemand helfen könnte dieses Problem zu beheben.

Kurze Spiele wie Liga, Grens oder Pre sind kein Problem, doch bei längeren Partien oder selbstgemachten
Szenarien, die wir gerne und regelmäßig anfertigten und gemeinsam spielten ist das laden eines
Speicherstandes notwendig.

Ich bitte um hilfe.

mfg Nikos (Meister der Republik)

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

The same for you: port forwarding!
Alternative: manually send the saved game files to your friends and move them into YourGameFolder/Data/Saved Games

Return to “Support”