Too Many Problems

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
FabledShade
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: FabledShade

Too Many Problems

Post by FabledShade »

So I stopped playing after something updated in my computer and removed all compatibility with Empire Earth and AOC, yesterday my friend sent me this:
Changes within the latest version are emphasized in text.
Game:
Increased compatibility to Windows 8 and newer graphic cards
With renewed hope I installed the games and downloaded the patch, when I tried installing the patch it deleted a bunch of files in C:/Sierra/Empire Earth (the default directory) and installed files in C:/Program Filesx86/Sierra/Empire Earth.
Of course neither of these work as they both only have half the game, I fixed this by installing the game under C:/Program Filesx86/Sierra/Empire Earth.

Problem number 2 (the main problem)

After getting it installed I tried starting a random game to see if the graphics work and it crashed.
halp am illiterate

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Too Many Problems

Post by lightnessking. »

as jodocus stated a few hundred times before, he can't convince Intel to make their GPU's compatible with EE.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

anyways EE also refuses to boot for me. Happened randomly and I'm too lazy to figure out the problem lol.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

The NeoEE installer doesnt install just on a random location. If you have multiple installations of EE, the installer will pick one automatically. By not chosing express mode, you can force the installer to update a particular installation in a particular directory.

About the crashing and graphic failures: If you use Intel HD, you are not recommended to update your drivers if you want to play EE. Intel gradually makes both new drivers and new GPUs incompatible with EE. Maybe you should try to downgrade the drivers again or alternatively use another GPU if available.

Return to “Support”