Server Crashs

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Server Crashs

Post by Black Star »

We had lots of server crash lately. Anyone knows why ? Jodocus? Ghost? Reaally annoying, and it also looks very bad if the first Facebook posts are all about "Server down".
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Server Crashs

Post by Jodocus »

I am sorry about all stability problems. Due to the limited amount of time I can afford into developing the server software, there will remain some crashes until I fix them. However, they appear relatively rare, about 1 time in a month (last crash on 20th of September). And in case it really crashes it recovers itself automatically , this should take a few seconds at maximum.

The recent disruptions of service seem to origin elsewhere. I think they coincide with several reboots (which take a lot of time, I experienced up to half an hour), at least that's what I can see from here. Why they happen? I don't know (yet) since I am not the only one that is accessing the server. Possible that the ISP itself is doing some maintenance stuff; hard to tell since I don't hold the contract.

So from software side everything appears to be relatively fine. Let's see how it develops in future.

Black Star

Post by Black Star »

Hi Jodocus, thanks for the quick answer. Sounds like we can only wait and hope crashes stop and dont frighten of players ( to GR or so). Another question: Who is the one paying for the server atm and how is the financial situation( Donations etc)

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

Okay, this situation is really inacceptable since the server seems to reboot every 12 hours or less. I will try to message Ghost, maybe he knows something.

Black Star

Post by Black Star »

ya... down again

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

I think Omega is investigating on it right now, I will try to find out more about the troubles tomorrow as well. In worst case we have to fully re-install the entire service which will cause a major downtime. I am really sorry for the inconveniences.

Return to “Support”