Flickering Problems

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Killerzone
Forum Noob

Flickering Problems

Post by Killerzone »

Hello all, new to the forums and all.

Now, before someone goes and tells me the same solutions, I have tried everything that has been given as a solution to fix this problem. Unfortunately, none of them have either fixed, or helped with solving the problem at hand. I decided to head on this forum and see if anyone here can provide a different solution or any help to help me fix my problem.

Ok, now on to the main problem.

First of all, i have 2 separate computers that have both Empire Earths on. My desktop computer can run this game perfectly fine without a single problem and does not contain the NeoEE patch from here.

Now, when i installed Empire Earth on my Laptop, all sorts of issues arise. Currently, I am dealing with the flickering issue that results from running the game on my Laptop's dedicated GPU (Nvidia Gefore GT755M) which solves all graphical issues encountered when i run it on my Intel HD graphics (artifacts, missing buttons, stretching problems, etc). Unfortunately, no matter what I do, such as going in Nvidia Control Panel and setting "use application settings" and other offered solutions, nothing has solved my flickering problem. This also occurs on AOC as well. I have tried applying the NeoEE patch to see if that solved my issues but it didn't. I have also tried changing the rendering but using Direct3D worsens the problem to a "trailing mouse" effect while the 2nd one fixes the trailing mouse but not the flickering. AA is not on and i've even tried doing "Use Application Settings" for AA, it did not solve my problem. I also have tried with and without the patches, nothing changes.

Now i am about ready to accept this problem and just deal with it but before i do that, i wanted to go on here and express my problem to see if i can get any other possible solutions before i call it quits. Solving the flickering problem will be fantastic but if not, then not all is lost.

Here is the specs for my laptop:

Lenovo y410p
Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 Bit
8 GB of RAM
I7-4700MQ @ 2.4 GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT755M Dedicated

Any help will be appreciated and if nothing works, at least i went on here and tried.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Flickering Problems

Post by Jodocus »

As for NVIDIA GPUs, I have no hope they will be ever compatible again with EE. Unfortunately, the new drivers for Intel HD GPUs are incompatible now as well. However, there is already a complaint thread in Intel forums: https://communities.intel.com/thread/51 ... 5&tstart=0

Maybe it helps if you moan there as well.

Killerzone
Forum Noob

Post by Killerzone »

I guess its beyond any hopes then. I just find it weird though, from what you say, my Desktop computer should be suffering from the same problems since it has a Nvidia Card but no such problems arise on there. I'm gonna safely assume the game has issues with Laptop type graphic cards and runs fine on Desktop Sized cards.

Thanks for the help Jodocus. It seems that those that have complained on the Intel site aren't getting much in the way of help. I'll just have to deal with the issue.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

depends on cards and drivers. A 'nividia card' is not equal to another 'nvidia card'
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Killerzone
Forum Noob

Post by Killerzone »

Understandable, I guess I shouldn't assume so much. I just figured that the problems wouldn't be as apparent since they were from the same company.

I guess the topic can be closed, thanks for the help people.

mikael_deity
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: mikael_deity

Post by mikael_deity »

HI!
I have the solution for all the nvidia laptops with optimus. I found this method fixing Just Cause 2 on a laptop and it works for Empire Earth too! Unfortunately AMD Enduro laptops users ( such as myself ) still have no solution. :(

1. Download Nvidia Inspector
2. Open Nvidia Inspector
3. Click the button to the right of DRIVER VERSION.
4. From the PROFILE menu, select EMPIRE EARTH.
5. Scroll down the window until you find: Shim Rendering Mode Options per application for Optimus.
6. Click the text to the right, scroll to the top of the dropdown, and select SHIM_RENDERING_OPTIONS_DEFAULT_RENDERING_MODE
7. Click APPLY CHANGES in the top right-hand corner.
8. Run your game

Killerzone
Forum Noob

Post by Killerzone »

A worthy try mate but when I followed your steps, the option was already selected in the profile for Empire Earth surprisingly. This still did not fix my problem.

mikael_deity
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: mikael_deity

Post by mikael_deity »

My friend uses an Asus laptop with nVidia 740m and an Intel igpu and with this method it works flawlessly. I'll take a look next time I meet him since this workaround has been working for weeks and maybe I forgot some other thing I did. The workaround heals glitches so maybe the flickering depends on something else. Definitive and working method is uninstalling Intel drivers and installing 9.xx drivers from your vendor's site and then block the update of the drivers for the igpu. it bothers me but you could try in the meantime.

Return to “Support”