Issues with NeoEE Patch

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Wizo
Advanced Member

Issues with NeoEE Patch

Post by Wizo »

Hi guys,

I'm having (again) issues with NeoEE. Tried reinstalling it for some reason and the installation of ee+aoc works fine, but when I try to install the NeoEE patch I get the following error message: "Beim Versuch, die Datei C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Name\Desktop\NeoEE(4).msi zu lesen, ist ein Netzwerkfehler aufgetreten."
I also don't get why there is a 4 behind the NeoEE. I only got one file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Already tried a system recovery, which didn't help. Also reinstalling and installing it again didn't change anything. I think it has something to do with the fact that I already had installed it and now am reinstalling it. I'm not sure though.
I also tried installing other NeoEE patches of earlier versions and this problem didn't occur.

Thanks for helping me
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Wizo
Advanced Member

Re: Issues with NeoEE Patch

Post by Wizo »

Okay, I fixed that now, but still can't log in due to my cd-key. Think I need a new one. Can someone get me one?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

cd keys are unique and implemented in the neo ee installer (altho, so far i've heard.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

Fixed it!

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

care to post how, to help future problematic MAC + bootcamp/windows users? :)

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

Hi, I have literally just had this problem. Tried logging into EE as normal, and it comes up with "Your CD Key is invalid"

So i tried uninstalling Neo EE, deleting it, and downloading it once again to try and Install it... Downloading the file is absolutely fine, but when I come to install it.. It comes up with "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file "*******\dave\NeoEE(1)" just like Lightnessking, why the fuck does it number appear? Any Help?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

I don't have any probs :P

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

Think this is similiar to my problem: You need to uninstall your windows installer (which opens .msi files) you can try it with a guide from the internet (should be easy to find) if this doesn't work you need a certain tool, which helps you. The first way didn't work for me, but after downloading this tool it worked fine. I can't remember the name of that tool at the moment, but I'll take a look at it tonight and tell you then.

As for the cd-key: It got simply blocked by my firewall. After I turned it off and clicked on "repair cd-key" or something like that, it worked.

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

CD-Key issue should be solved, by "Repair CD-Key " or sth like that in NeoEE-Installer
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

Wizo wrote:if this doesn't work you need a certain tool, which helps you. The first way didn't work for me, but after downloading this tool it worked fine. I can't remember the name of that tool at the moment, but I'll take a look at it tonight and tell you then.
the programme I was talking about is called "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility". Hope that helped.

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

Cheers Wizo, i'll bare that in mind if this problem reoccurs over the next few days as I am expecting it to.. Sounds like that will work for me cause I had the same problem.

And yes, I tried to reinstall Neoee patch and repair the CD key, however, because something was blocking it, it wouldn't work. It's kind of strange though, because since I've sorted this problem out via a system recover, I can no longer host games...

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Advice for the future; Don't buy apple products, unless you require powerfull tools for video editing etc.
For gaming, browsing on the interwebz and basically any other functions; use a normal desktop with windows.
Not only you're paying a higher price for apple products (and yes i know that apple comes with a load of free software but still tho.) but you also in most cases have no control on your actual hardware. (such as upgrading your videocard, nope, not going to happen.)

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

lightnessking. wrote:Advice for the future; Don't buy apple products, unless you require powerfull tools for video editing etc.
For gaming, browsing on the interwebz and basically any other functions; use a normal desktop with windows.
Not only you're paying a higher price for apple products (and yes i know that apple comes with a load of free software but still tho.) but you also in most cases have no control on your actual hardware. (such as upgrading your videocard, nope, not going to happen.)
This has nothing to do with apple

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Wizo wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:Advice for the future; Don't buy apple products, unless you require powerfull tools for video editing etc.
This has nothing to do with apple
some errors actually do, and what i just described does actually have everything to do with apple.

Adri554
Lurker
Lobby Username: Adri die Legende

Post by Adri554 »

You just have to rename the NeoEE.msi data. In your case add (4) behind NeoEE.
I guess the installer does not find it else.
Worked for me, hope i could help you.

Return to “Support”