Resolution won't change in game

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Syndicate
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Syndicate

Resolution won't change in game

Post by Syndicate »

I've tried running EE AOC or EE 1 in compatibility mode, not in compatibility mode, with DPI scaling disabled. I can change the resolution in the menu fine, which I understand doesn't affect the menus or the videos, lobby, etc.

HOWEVER, when I start the game, it SHOULD show at whatever resolution I've chosen, but it does not. It's still in whatever resolution the menus and the rest of the game are set to, which I think is 1024x768? Either way, I can't play with my town center taking up half my screen. Just not gonna happen. The game launches fine, no graphical glitches other than the fact that I'm unable to change my IN GAME resolution to anything other than whatever it's defaulting to, no matter what I choose - Direct 3D, Direct 3D TNL, 1920x1080, 1600x1200, etc.. While these resolutions may not be equivalent, the point is to explain that I've tried more than one, and none are working.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Resolution won't change in game

Post by lightnessking. »

the resolution in EE is max 1366x786 or something. (altho, that's the highest I've ever had on my laptop.)
You can change teh resolution to 1920x1080 or 1200 if you wish, but that won't affect the ingame resolution nor menu itself.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

I don't think theres any way u can get to see more of the map by changing the resolution. The screens u can find here on the forum are all basically same size, and if yours look smaller u have a problem, otherwise it's just normal.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

well, im usuallly using 800x600 i think altough my laptop supports way higher resolutions, but for those small res. make me see way more of the map, using highest res leads to the zoomed in problem you described.
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Syndicate
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Syndicate

Post by Syndicate »

the resolution in EE is max 1366x786 or something. (altho, that's the highest I've ever had on my laptop.)
You can change teh resolution to 1920x1080 or 1200 if you wish, but that won't affect the ingame resolution nor menu itself
Thanks for the reply.

I have gone in and tried 1280x1024 (which I had not tried before, because it isn't a good resolution for my 51" TV that I use) and it gave me the size of the screen I know and love when playing EE. It's not in widescreen, so I have the black bars on the sides, but I think I can live with that if it means I can play the game normally. If you know a good resolution that would keep the units and map the same size, that works on widescreen, I'm all ears.. or some way to get it to fit on the entire screen.

Otherwise, thanks for your help. I suppose it should have been obvious since the game was made back in 2000(1?) that the higher resolutions wouldn't have been supported.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

same problem on laptop with widescreen, blackbars on the sides ^^.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

I don't have any black bars. Just stretched the stuff, after a while it looks completely normal
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Return to “Support”