Trouble hosting LAN games

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Mark2Talyho
Lurker
Lobby Username: Mark2Talyho

Trouble hosting LAN games

Post by Mark2Talyho »

Hey all,

I am having issues hosting EE LAN games on my home network and was wondering is anyone could offer me some advice on what to do to fix this.

The Details:

Both computers are running Windows 7, copies of AoC with the NEOEE patch, all the necessary ports from portforward.com are open (not that it should matter for LAN), both comps are hardwired to the router, and when one comp hosts a LAN game, the other can see it in the LAN lobby but it is RIP (again rather odd for a LAN match).

I am grateful for any suggestions or solutions. Thanks guys!

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Trouble hosting LAN games

Post by Jodocus »

Have you checked if EE is accepted in the Windows Firewall on both sides? Do you have personal firewalls/restricitive AntiVirus-software? If so, try to disable them.
Also have a look on the LAN Broadcasting port (can be configured and seen in the Options tab), it has to be identical for you two.
Have you tried to ping the local IPs of each other? Run cmd.exe and type Ping <Local IP of your Partner> and see if they reach its goal. Maybe your router is super restrictive (though uncommon). As you correctly stated, port forwarding doesn't help here.

Return to “Support”