hosting

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
CARLOS
Intermediate Member

hosting

Post by CARLOS »

I have done the following things to try to host:

1) forward 33334-33336 tcp and udp to the ip listed under the options tab of ee
2) lan broadcast port: I have tried 33334, 33335, 33337, 33338. none work.
3) eeaoc and eec have full permissions in my firewall

my games via the lobby client and direct connect are rip - people can not join.

my games via the neo-ee lobby can be joined and after 3 or 4 launch attempts the game launches but either crashes or does not get to the loading screen.

why cant I host?

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Re: hosting

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

33334-33334 udp
33334-33334 tcp
33335-33335 tcp
33336-33336 udp
33336-33336 tcp

or try it like this

33334-33334 udp & tcp
33335-33335 tcp
33336-33336 udp & tcp

also make sure firewalls aint blocking up
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Do you have a static IP? You can't host if you have a dynamic IP
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

CARLOS
Intermediate Member

Post by CARLOS »

i followed the portforward.com guide to setting up a static ip, but now that I double check it seems everything i put in is gone. maybe my isp doesnt allow static ip. this is disappointing.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Captain Nemo wrote:Do you have a static IP? You can't host if you have a dynamic IP
You can host if you got a dynamic IP.
You just have to be sure that the IP address is equal to the IP address you've forwarded.
(in other words: once your ip changed, reconfigure your forwarding to the new ip -> hosting enabled.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Carlos, are you sure there's not a firewall running on your router?
It doesn't help much if you allow EE on your desktops firewall, but it's still blocked by your router's firewall.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

lightnessking. wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote:Do you have a static IP? You can't host if you have a dynamic IP
You just have to be sure that the IP address is equal to the IP address you've forwarded.
(in other words: once your ip changed, reconfigure your forwarding to the new ip -> hosting enabled.)
Didn't work like that for me back when I had a dynamic IP. you don't forward for your IP adress it's forwarded for your local adress which doesn't change actually. It's just a bitch when u have the dynamic IP.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Captain Nemo wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:
Didn't work like that for me back when I had a dynamic IP. you don't forward for your IP adress it's forwarded for your local adress which doesn't change actually. It's just a bitch when u have the dynamic IP.

*insert huge sigh here*

If your router/modem runs DHCP your local addresses will/might change. (depending if you set a mac filter and having the dhcp server assign a static ip address to a certain host.)

Ofcourse I'm talking about the local addresses here, you CAN'T even forward ports to your external address (unless your ISP isn't using NAT)

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Still, even before it changed it won't allow you to host anyway. At least it didn't for me back when I had dynamic IP

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

Dont like to say it but light is right Here, I'm Able to Host but Never sat Static ip
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Captain Nemo wrote:Still, even before it changed it won't allow you to host anyway. At least it didn't for me back when I had dynamic IP
This has nothing to do with having a static and/or dynamic ip address. Unfortunately this has to do with a wrong configuration in your port forwarding section.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

lightnessking. wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote:Still, even before it changed it won't allow you to host anyway. At least it didn't for me back when I had dynamic IP
This has nothing to do with having a static and/or dynamic ip address. Unfortunately this has to do with a wrong configuration in your port forwarding section.
Couldn't host without the router either. So had nothing to do with forwarding the router at least

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Captain Nemo wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:
Couldn't host without the router either. So had nothing to do with forwarding the router at least
I'm speaking here as a router/modem-in-one. If you have a modem, you're obviously going to forward the ports on your modem. If you have a modem AND router, depending on which one you're connecting to, but you might want to forward ports on both of them. (modem allows port 33334-33336 traffic to your router. and router allows port 33334-33336 to a specific host.)

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

If you have a modem, you're obviously going to forward the ports on your modem.
I always had a modem and never had to forward ports on a modem... Maybe my 5-6 different types of modems were all wierd but well it's always been the router I had to forward ports on. I have no idea how to configure my modem settings whatsoever anyway.

But well there was a slight misunderstanding cause I ment that the internet provided was configured with a dynamic IP address, not from the router (and the modem wasn't the issue either). Heck my router has dynamic IP address atm. Im not actually sure how broadband with dynamic IP address works, but I do know that I couldn't host no matter what I did, and if I wanted to, I'd have to call the provider and pay extra to set up a static one for me specifically. You probably know alot more about that than me...

Return to “Support”