EE doesnt wanna run ;[

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Heros_Selva
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Selva*

EE doesnt wanna run ;[

Post by Heros_Selva »

Hey Guys , Its Selva :]
I was about to return ... but my ee doesnt run :/ heres a screenshot of it ... and no its not a mac :D its just the design... im running windows xp pro on service pack 3...
I hope anyone can help me....

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: EE doesnt wanna run ;[

Post by Omega »

Is that the 'application has encountered a problem for which no useful details are given and needs to close' error?

If so, try the following (in between each step, try your EE... also, for the random people reading this who aren't the OP that might need this spelled out, if one step works, you don't need to continue to the other steps, and you can just post in this thread or make a new one if you need help instead of sending me 10+ PMs):

1. Disable Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Any other security software you might currently have on your computer and then try. If I remember correctly, sometimes you need to turn them off / disable them from turning on on reboot, then reboot your computer for some stuff to properly be disabled. (Note: For non-XP people, apparently this is still the case to some extent, I've just never run into any problems with it)

2. Try systematically messing around on the "Compatibility" tab or whatever it was in XP (been a long time since I used XP, so I can't quite remember the exact details).

3. Reinstall from the same installation media.

4. Reinstall from different installation media.

5. Follow the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1036 (Yeah, it's for a different problem, but it's pretty much the 'this will fix anything' solution if the other stuff on this list has failed.

---

Posting at 4:28 AM = win
Using posting at 4:28 AM to not continue working on a python program to do a ton of different image analytics = bigger win. I fucking hate image data at this point in time.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

What's wrong with image data O.O
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Heros_Selva
Forum Noob

Post by Heros_Selva »

I tried everything now... I dont get that message anymore... it just shows the EEC or the AOC starting screen and then it stops without a message or a warning or anything else...

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

If nothing works try this EE Complete Installer by xootle viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4889 Worked for all people who tried it, as far as i know, atm im using it too. Maybe it will solve your problem.
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Miri
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Miri

Post by Miri »

i strongly advise u not to trust the person above me. he is a huge troll and will ruin ur life.
-miri

jackson
Novice Member

Post by jackson »

1. Uninstall every instance of your previous installation of EE
2. Turn off every firewall, virus prohibiter program, Windows Defender, Norton, and such like
3. Download Xootie's version of EE and follow the directions therein
4. Enjoy!

8)
Rubikon:
Command & Conquer started going down hill after they went to 3D

Matous Vales:
Games started going down hill after they started using graphics.

I WANT MY TEXT ADVENTURES BACK!

msl86:
BRING BACK TEXT FPS!!!

Heros_Selva
Forum Noob

Post by Heros_Selva »

Hey Guys... I got a problem again... I try to Upload an Image.. which you will see if it works :D I hope anyone can help me... Im trying to get my EE connected to GR... but it wont let me :(
Unbenannt.JPG

Return to “Support”