Cant Loging, is the Server down ?

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Cant Loging, is the Server down ?

Post by Ghost »

Jodocus_ wrote:Nobody cares who wrote it, but you have the responsibility. If you can't handle your own source code to fix this (minor) problems I already addressed, then wtf?!
You make it sound like it's my job. I have zero responsibility or obligation to even touch the code. There are no personal consequences for me, other than Save-EE dying. I've already moved on, so if anything it's a commodity. In past 2 years, nothing I've done related to EE has been for my personal gain other than the dozen games I've played, which actually could've taken place without the lobby. All efforts have been to maintain whatever small community decides to stay. I simply don't have time for growth efforts.

The lobby needed rewritten from the ground up. That project has already started, so if I do decide to use any of my valued spare time to work on this, then the effort will go towards that. I won't be putting forth any effort on existing 2.x code, which includes sifting through Nuckin's old mess to remove or change every little thing you cry about. If you don't trust us then there's no point in staying, even if you did get me to change it.

You make it seem like whatever you're doing takes no time. In reality, you'll tire out, and life will catch up with you. You can't spend every waking hour either trying to take or actually taking the lobby down. Why not make your own lobby instead of crying like a little bitch on these forums.

Don't expect any more responses to your shit.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:Dam thought we was just becoming friends :/ i called you virgin and you called me tricky :c sad sad day
[-Ts-] Virgin

My account!!! oO
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

_Jodocus_
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by _Jodocus_ »

Ghost, it is not that easy. You have responsibilities if you run a service like this. Data privacy and security are serious things and your lobby is violating both. Telling that you have zero responsibility is careless. That's why I did not start a neat, cute discussion but some nice DoS attack since everyone would just tell either "I dont know" or "I have no responsibilities".

>> If you don't trust us then there's no point in staying, even if you did get me to change it.

Nice. I really hope that it will fit our needs. :)

P.S.: My Lobby Emulator registers any network traffic containing those questionable features like screenshots. It is doing this automatically, so if I am noticing that moderators are abusing it again, I will strike back. Don't even try to ban it, you simply can't.
Moderator staff, I am watching you.

P.P.S.: Oh, which coward banned my forum account? :D Sorry at eCSamuel, I can't answer your cute letter now. But I think your questions are answered. Right when I wanted so submit I got banned, You can thank your mod staff and their childish banning policy.
Last edited by _Jodocus_ on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

poor sam lol
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

eCsamuel
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by eCsamuel »

What I don't understand is, why does it have to come up now?
People have been playing on the lobby for many years now, and everybody is still enjoying it today. Definitely people are enjoying it more the way it is, rather than it not being up at all.

I assume that the people who play here already know that admins have got these kind of powers, it's stated in the ToS that they can take screenshots.
So, if everyone of these people are enjoying it on the lobby, why hitting it? After all it's not like you don't have another service to play EE on.
Jodocus, if you aren't satisfied with the way the lobby works, you can still play EE on the GameRanger, since people who are here are enjoying it.

We EE players are lucky enough to have 2 different services to play on, the Save-EE Lobby and the GameRanger. We aren't forcing anybody to play here, and you are free just like the others are. You can go on GameRanger and enjoy EE there.
Because the people who are playing here are doing it by their own choice.
If you don't like a service, you can simply move on to another service: there's no need to damage the first service, preventing the people who are enjoying the service from playing.

That's not "helping" anybody. Because those people who are using that service are doing it by their own choice. If the lobby was so bad, everybody would have already moved to GameRanger. It's true, they have more players than the Lobby: that means that the players who are here are enjoying it for real.
And if they are enjoying it, why would you prevent people from gathering here? Don't you think that's a bit egoistical? If they don't like the Admin's powers, anybody is free to open up a topic to talk about it. You too. And if they don't like it, they can simply go to GameRanger.

You don't like the Lobby? Then go play EE on GameRanger, it's really that simple.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

"I walked into a mall one time, and saw a camera on the wall. No one told me they could do that, so I blew up the mall." - Jodocus

Logic? I think not.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

eCsamuel
Forum Noob

Post by eCsamuel »

In any case, given the circumstances, I will give up my status as moderator.
I don't really want to deal with all of this (Moderators I will check on you bla bla), it's not worth it.

My post above already expresses my feelings on all this. We are here to play Empire Earth, and we have 2 services to do that.

Mr Jodocus, what you are doing is making people unhappy.
That's what I don't understand, I can't understand the reason why you'd prevent people who are happy being here from gathering here.

The fact that you may not be happy here doesn't mean that there can't be people who are.
We are happy on this service Mr Jodocus, if you aren't, you can go to GameRanger.

From this moment onwards I won't be a moderator anymore. However I'd still like to ask the staff to give me the donator status for the time I have spent as a moderator.

_Jodocus_
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by _Jodocus_ »

No Samuel, dont leave us! You was quite an exception within the moderator staff.

Seriously, you play the big boss as long as you can watch others. But as soon as some others watch what you are doing, you run away? Strange philosophy.

eCsamuel
Forum Noob

Post by eCsamuel »

It really depends who it is who's watching.

I didn't run away from the lobby when I wasn't a moderator, even though Pelie, Slipknot, SKULLS, Sexacutioner and the other people who were moderating at the time were keeping an eye on users like us. Because I knew they were people whom I could trust.

There is a difference between trust and untrust, sometimes it's not really that noticeable. Some people may complain about moderators, some might have their favourite moderators and ones that they dont like, but in the end people keep hanging around here. Why? Because in the end there is trust.
Simple_Faith may not like, let's say, me, but in the end he will trust me because he knows I am a good guy that's not going to cause anybody harm and will try at least not to argue.

Now, why should moderators be looking forward to being controlled by someone who hacked the service they've been helping all along?
It seems to me you have no idea what the moderating job is, helping people out setting up the game all the time requires patience (and we are doing it for free just for the love of the game), some of us were also into advertising campaigns and I can proudly say that every one of us has been doing a good job, and the proof is the fact that people still keep sticking around here.

Now man, I don't really have anything against you. I am just against acts like these because I think that hacking the lobby really made people unhappy.
I am sure you don't want to have people unhappy and perhaps there has been a misunderstanding.
Everybody is already happy around here with how things have been going so far and we love it on the lobby. We don't need a revolution.

We just want to keep things the way they are.
I have given up my moderating spot. I don't care if I am a moderator or just a regular user. I just want to use the lobby service, because I love it.

Please, allow us to do that :)

Return to “Support”