Crash after Session start

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Storm75
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Storm75

Crash after Session start

Post by Storm75 »

Hello,
while installing the patch i always get these message
jdhdh.PNG
I dont know what i can do.
I have installed the GOG Version of the game.

Thanks for your help.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Crash after Session start

Post by Jodocus »

Hi. It's the antivirus that is deleting the high-resolution lobby loader. You can ignore it and use the lobby in low resolution or you disable your antivirus during installation.

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

Jodocus wrote:Hi. It's the antivirus that is deleting the high-resolution lobby loader. You can ignore it and use the lobby in low resolution or you disable your antivirus during installation.
And with "run it in low resolution" you mean run "Empire Earth.exe" in the installation folder directly instead of clicking the shortcut which probably uses "Launcher.exe" in your installation folder, right?

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Neotje wrote:
Jodocus wrote:Hi. It's the antivirus that is deleting the high-resolution lobby loader. You can ignore it and use the lobby in low resolution or you disable your antivirus during installation.
And with "run it in low resolution" you mean run "Empire Earth.exe" in the installation folder directly instead of clicking the shortcut which probably uses "Launcher.exe" in your installation folder, right?
Exactly. If you inspect the properties of the shortcut, you see that it calls Launcher.exe with the additional resolution parameters that the launcher then uses to override the memory locations of EE.exe. This process is considered as "virus-like" by almost any antivirus program.

Return to “Support”