Empire Earth Art of Conquest will not start

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
slejeivw
Forum Noob

Empire Earth Art of Conquest will not start

Post by slejeivw »

No matter how many different downloads I try, and how many times I uninstall and reinstall Empire Earth Art of Conquest, whenever I try to start the game, it first looks like that it will run, but it doesn't.

When I double-click on the game, for 3 seconds I get the black screen, then the game quits back to my desktop and then I get an error reporting from the Empire Earth Art of Conquest executable file.
This is just the regular old error reporting thing. Not the ones with the numbers.
This is just the regular old error reporting thing. Not the ones with the numbers.
art_of_conquest_error_01b.jpg (37.21 KiB) Viewed 12480 times
I see something about the Low-Level Engine.dll, could that be the problem?
I see something about the Low-Level Engine.dll, could that be the problem?
art_of_conquest_error_02b.jpg (62.88 KiB) Viewed 12480 times
The original Empire Earth works perfectly fine, but the expansion won't run. Could there be some problem with my computer or is it something else?
Last edited by slejeivw on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Re: Empire Earth Art of Conquest will not start

Post by Sexacutioner »

use the actuall exe from the folder not a shortcut you made (shorcuts dont work on my comp)
if that dont work do an uninstall then repair and use the folder exe again

if none of those work post the actuall error here

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

he probably didnt use the no cd crack >.>>>>>>>>> or he prob just dragged the ee.exe from the folder than creating a shortcut idk

slejeivw
Forum Noob

Post by slejeivw »

Yes I copied the no cd crack over the original exe file and no I did not use a shortcut.

When I looked in the data folder, it looked like some files were missing. There were files in the original Empire Earth data folder that I did not see in the Art of Conquest expansion data folder. That might be the problem, but every download I try the data folder looked the same. So I'm not sure if that's is the problem or not.

Hey, if you have the Art of Conquest expansion, and it works, maybe you can right click the data folder and then click on properties and tell me how many files and folders it has for me?
If you have a bigger number than I do, then I'll go figuring out where the missing files went.
If you have the same number, then something else is the problem and not the data folder.

Or maybe it's the Low-Level Engine.dll problem? Could it also be that I have to adjust some setting in my computer?
I'm lost, I don't know what to do, and I really want to play Empire Earth Art of Conquest.
DxDiag.txt
Here is my dxdiag.txt in case if it is needed.
(49.67 KiB) Downloaded 513 times

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

3 dlls

also check files and see if any have a 0mb next to them

if the dlls dont work
delete aoc then open the sierra folder and see if the aoc folder is still there with a file with 0mb in it, if there is then rename that aoc folder "corrupt" then reinstall aoc
Attachments
AOC DLLs.zip
(659.52 KiB) Downloaded 801 times

slejeivw
Forum Noob

Post by slejeivw »

Thank you guys for trying to help, but I got Empire Earth Art of Conquest to work.

The problem was that the original Empire Earth I had before came extracted.
When I found a ISO of the original Empire Earth, I got rid of the old one, installed this new one from the ISO.
Then I tried the Art of Conquest expansion again, and it worked! YAY!!!!

So that means the expansion will work only if the original Empire Earth is officially installed and not just "there".

Okay mods, you guys can shut down this thread now. I'm done here. Bye!

Rhiyo
Lurker
Lobby Username: Rhiyo

Post by Rhiyo »

Hey, I signed up to this forum to give other people who see this a tip, if you didn't install the original EE, but copied it over from another computer or something and want to play AoC, make sure to still go into the original EE and edit game options and save them. This generates registry keys that AoC needs to run.

nerohelix744
Forum Noob

Post by nerohelix744 »

i'm experiencing the same problem but i don't get any error just goes to desktop thats all i have installed EE forever v2 ee 1 works fine but aoc just doesn't i have direct x 9.0c and im above the recommended requirements
always think whats going to happen before you lose playing on hard difficulty XD

Return to “Support”