Wrong game version, win7

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the lobby, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
aron9forever
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: aron9forever

Wrong game version, win7

Post by aron9forever »

Short intro story: I used to play quite often last year, and in September I left for university. They had an awfully restrictive network so I couldn't play anymore(only open port hosts could host me). I'm on summer break now and I'm back home and trying to play again.

I've launched the same exact installation I used to play last year that worked fine. I noticed the text on the buttons was flickering, which it didn't last time, but I brushed it off, joined the lobby, clicked on a game and managed to enter it. The host was AFK so I decided to leave and test the game resolution and sensitivity. I made an invite-only lobby, added a comp, started the game. I noticed that the text in-game(civ selection) was also flickering so I closed the game and started working on a solution.

I fiddled around with the compatibility settings, and when nothing worked, I forced the game to run on my integrated chip rather than on the dedicated one, and that fixed the issue. However, after trying to join another game, I got an error saying my version does not match the host's. This was really weird since I've successfully joined the game before testing and changing my settings, but I didn't realize at the time, so I went ahead and reinstalled neoEE on the existing directory. This didn't fix it.

After realizing that it worked in the beginning, I reverted all the changed I made and the flickering came back, but I still can't join any games. I've searched for a solution but couldn't really find any. In a thread here, someone mentioned that running as administrator fixed it. I tried that with no avail.

I also downloaded the EE client from here, something along the lines of "ee with neoee settings" but this version has the same number in the upper left corner as my existing version, and the lobby doesn't work (some image decompression error).

TL;DR
- Windows 7 64bit
- Installation that used to work now gives "wrong version" error
- v2.00.1642
- Tried reinstalling neoEE
- Tried compatibility and run as administrator
- No AV on computer, ports are open.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Wrong game version, win7

Post by Jodocus »

Try to delete the registry entry of Empire Earth. Run regedit, search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SSSI\Empire Earth or similar and delete the entire key. Then start Empire Earth and check again.

aron9forever
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: aron9forever

Re: Wrong game version, win7

Post by aron9forever »

Jodocus wrote:Try to delete the registry entry of Empire Earth. Run regedit, search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SSSI\Empire Earth or similar and delete the entire key. Then start Empire Earth and check again.
It worked.
I had to use the search function because the registry was in a completely different place, in a "Neo" directory.

Thanks for the help

Return to “Support”