Would people be interested in a stream?

Links to and discussion of Empire Earth Videos! Some great training videos are contained within.
Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Would people be interested in a stream?

Post by Oldspice »

Would anyone be interested in seeing me stream empire earth games? It could be helpful to see strats and all that biz

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Would people be interested in a stream?

Post by Arntzen »

On Twitch? If so, u can stream there, and then upload the games u played to twitch so people can see the games when they want. :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

I guess there´s no reason why people wouldnt like it, no one is forced to watched and for, I love to see some of the pro´s at work ;) . Altough i haven´t seen you playing in a while
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLwhAkh ... e=youtu.be

A nice game I played today. I think it's pretty entertaining

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nice vid. Not sure what benefit live streaming would bring since the audience is pretty small, but I think continuing to post videos would be worthwhile to the community.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

I'm debating whether to post vids of games I lose. And I won't stream, ill just record and upload

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Oldspice wrote:I'm debating whether to post vids of games I lose. And I won't stream, ill just record and upload
From the point of helping other people to not suck, I think videos of games you lose are more instructive than videos of games you win...

Why:
1) If you lose, presumably your opponent is actually quite good, making for a better game. If you win, this may or may not be the case.
2) If you lose, this might spark viewers to try and identify reasons for the loss, including considering possible mistakes. Being able to think critically about games like this is the primary difference between people who don't suck at EE, and people who suck at EE. If you win, viewers are much less likely to engage in any kind of thinking like this, as there is no dissonance with the narrative of 'Jossos is a good player, so Jossos won', and if there's any dissonance triggered by the narrative of ''[otherplayer] is a good player, but lost' being contradicted, it's a lot harder for people to try and identify possible mistakes from the end of the loser.

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

Omega wrote:
Oldspice wrote:I'm debating whether to post vids of games I lose. And I won't stream, ill just record and upload
From the point of helping other people to not suck, I think videos of games you lose are more instructive than videos of games you win...

Why:
1) If you lose, presumably your opponent is actually quite good, making for a better game. If you win, this may or may not be the case.
2) If you lose, this might spark viewers to try and identify reasons for the loss, including considering possible mistakes. Being able to think critically about games like this is the primary difference between people who don't suck at EE, and people who suck at EE. If you win, viewers are much less likely to engage in any kind of thinking like this, as there is no dissonance with the narrative of 'Jossos is a good player, so Jossos won', and if there's any dissonance triggered by the narrative of ''[otherplayer] is a good player, but lost' being contradicted, it's a lot harder for people to try and identify possible mistakes from the end of the loser.
2deep4me

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Could not agree more with Omega. These are some words of wisdom right here:
Omega wrote:Being able to think critically about games like this is the primary difference between people who don't suck at EE, and people who suck at EE.
Also for viewers who watch solely for entertainment it gets boring if we know before the game even starts that it's a game you're gonna win.
Anyway, I liked the game you just posted, the more the merrier. Would be cool if you vsed Baron instead of you guys being on opposite sides tho.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

Arntzen wrote:Could not agree more with Omega. These are some words of wisdom right here:
Omega wrote:Being able to think critically about games like this is the primary difference between people who don't suck at EE, and people who suck at EE.
Also for viewers who watch solely for entertainment it gets boring if we know before the game even starts that it's a game you're gonna win.
Anyway, I liked the game you just posted, the more the merrier. Would be cool if you vsed Baron instead of you guys being on opposite sides tho.
If I lose any games that I record, I'll upload them then. Also, Baron is super rusty. He needs some time to recover his skills before I take him again. We did have a game where we were wing vs wing. I sorta had him, and then some noob lagged out i think.

Anyways, I'll have another vid uploaded in about 2 hours. I am taking omega's advice.

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

Xinzoe
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Xinzoe

Post by Xinzoe »

nice games jossos

Return to “Empire Earth Videos”