Knights vs Cavs

Talk about strategies in here! (If you just want to post a civilization, use the Civilizations forum; if you only want to post a build order, use the Build Orders subforum)
CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Knights vs Cavs

Post by CusTomm_ »

Not talking about AoC first of all...

So what u think is the best way to win someone with cav civ, when u went for knights? Most times I do some random things and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt :P. Dont think ballista working that well, because they swap to persians most times.

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Re: Knights vs Cavs

Post by BigRon »

crash the game and say u lagged out cuz ur dad pulled the cable

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

If you make them swap to Persians you're definitely doing something right (or your opponent is noob).

First of all, going knights is IMO incredibly hard in 1vs1. If your CA opponent has siege range and is somewhat decent, it's automatically gg. But lets assume he doesn't and don't go trebuchet early on for that reason.

This is a strategy I've seen versions of by other players and I've made it somewhat to my own.
I'm using this civilization:
Knight1vs1.jpg
Knight1vs1.jpg (50.39 KiB) Viewed 8604 times
As you see this civilization doesn't have knight HP because that's not really needed against swordsmen in the early game since enemy sword will just try to ecokill. If you feel confident about the early game against sword you can swap this for HP.
I'd also like to stress the importance of building build time decrease and citizens speed with this strategy, it can mean life or death early on.

Anyway, you start out 6 gold, pick civ. Then 2 stables and start walling off so you only have 1 entrance. In the entrance you should make 2 towers, these towers are basically ONLY against early pressure from CA, so build them with CA in mind, not compact against swords. Here is a picture of how my base looked like:
EE052.jpg
Since you are sliding, you should scout a lot to see how much army you really need to build.

Your mid game goal is hero, and late game is Temple of Zeus and a ton of swordsmen/ballista/knight/trebuchet.

Anyway, if the CA player has a clue, you'll die to a CA+Trebuchet push long before you think of hero.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Pff u just copy my knight civ. Except i have siege cr
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I thought you had knight HP and farming. Anyway I said:
Arntzen wrote: This is a strategy I've seen versions of by other players and I've made it somewhat to my own.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Strategy”