Big Islands F11 60 strategy

Talk about strategies in here! (If you just want to post a civilization, use the Civilizations forum; if you only want to post a build order, use the Build Orders subforum)
GGBB
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: none

Big Islands F11 60 strategy

Post by GGBB »

I am curious of big islands F11 60 games (prehistoric to nano age) but I have no idea of how to process that. So I would like to know some basic strategies.

- which civilization?
- what to do at start?
- which epoch is reachable at F11 60 (depending on standard or tournament game variant)?
- which pop is reachable at F11 60 (citizens/military)?
- which kind of military unit is the most appropriate (ship, air, land...)?
- how to organize the defense?
- what is the best way to attack?

Thank you.

GODSEND
Novice Member

Re: Big Islands F11 60 strategy

Post by GODSEND »

which civilization?

U can find here at forum sites some good civs for 60f11 see krombacher civs.

- what to do at start?

(Is for 4v4 islands 60f11)
Start is all about booming fast as possible till you reach first worldwar age. Depending on your skills that needs average 130f11 maybe 30min. Of course u could attack earlier right after 60f11 but it isnt common in games from expertplayers. ( means not allowed :) )
Briefly i can say make 6 cits at preage.
At stoneage u go fishing till ~25-30f11 while u makeing constanly new citiziens and populate some settlements near gold and ironmines.
At coperage u make farms as much as possible going bronce when have enough ressource.
At bronce and premid u just make further farms till u got 11
At mid u fill up your mines and build two either Alexandria and ischtak when u play as wing or alexandria and lighthouse as a pocket player
Till yet u have 11 farms and all mines filled up u can just go up to the next age and dont have to do any further things on booming.

- which epoch is reachable at F11 60 (depending on standard or tournament game variant)?

ending epoche dont depend on which variant u play ( but it is common to set ending epoche to nano)

- which pop is reachable at F11 60 (citizens/military)?

u got 192 free population when u have developed all updates in ur hosiptal ( at 4v4 game)

- which kind of military unit is the most appropriate (ship, air, land...)?

of course depend on many things like enemy, teammates or position u play ( wing or pocket), but one can say for wing it is siege, subs and tridonts, for pocket is air

- how to organize the defense?

Of course depend again on enemy no need to make any defensive vs clear weak opponent. but in general one can say as wing u have to make many antiair on your island, make a prophet in case opponents start bulidng ships, make stormcyborgs and use them as another way to defend your island from air attacks. As pocket usually u just make fighters which defend all wonders from your own team, u should make use of apoll and storm too.
As u can see defending is mostly against air.

- what is the best way to attack?

ok another strategy question. i could more in detial but that doesnt make any sense due to your skillevel. But in general as wingplayer u should get navy between your island and those from your opponent consisting of subs tridonts and antiairships but before u can do this u need to make a lot of siege to prevent your opponent to to do the same. As pocketplayer u mainly just bomb in a way it hurts ur opponents most, u can bomb wing but of course u might do sometimes a attack on opponent pocket and try to destroy some of their wonders.

krombacher
Novice Member
Lobby Username: krombacher*

Post by krombacher »

Godsend said the basic things for booming and strategys. But let me give you some more hints.
1. Use houses for moral. Build on every capitol 6 houses for max moral bonus and check if the capitols moral bonus reaches to your shore where you are fighting with siege.If not build a new capitol in shores near with 6 houses. Siege will not destroyed that fast with moral bonus.

2.Make a strategic hero and send him near to your siege, he will heal the siege immediately when enemy hits them.

3. Make hospitals all over your island. And update the hospitals to the max. Generally update everything to the max, hospital and university and temples.

4. Build harbors for subs and anti air ships on your shore where u are fighting and masses of towers behind them. If they get desteoyed rebuild them every time as fast as you can to get some tridents.

5. Btw....make a wall around your island until 60 f11!!! And you need at the beginning no barracks!!!!

6. Here is a wing civ: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1252

7. Here is a pocket civ viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1253

8. When you start fishing, always fish to the enemys side try to steal as much fish as you can from your enemy and save fish on your backside for yourself and your pocket.

9. To protect your capitols from enemy bombing use a apoll cyborg . With his shield its very hard for enemys pocket to destroy ur capitols.....same with your wonders.

10. Make some storm cyborgs and send ALL THE TIME storms to enemy island. This is very annoying for him.

11. Make a fortress behind your siege.If bombers are coming to bomb your siege, place your siege in the fortress, they are protected from bombing then....if you need more pop limit place cits in another fortress.

Btw. If you like to learn it, ask me in lobby we can make some training games, i think godsend will help you too.

GGBB
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: none

Post by GGBB »

Thank you very much for these advices. They will help me a lot.

krombacher
Novice Member
Lobby Username: krombacher*

Post by krombacher »

12. Use this cyborg guy who can make units invisible . And protect your siege and your navy with them.
Available in nano age.

13. Use always shortkeys....e.g. shift+tab to find idle fishing boats and citizens...i press it all the time.

14. Do not fill up your farms with 8 cits. Make 2 farms more, thats more effective.

15.Teamplay is the key to win. Give your pocket space on your isle and let him build some airports on yours isle.

16.Build your wonders on pockets island.

17. If possible try to land on enemys island.

Return to “Strategy”