p2s Strategy - by Jossos

Talk about strategies in here! (If you just want to post a civilization, use the Civilizations forum; if you only want to post a build order, use the Build Orders subforum)
President Obama
Lobby Username: President Obama

Re: p2s Strategy - by Jossos

Post by President Obama »

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

1v1v1

No Bullshit.
This signature is only 17kb. That makes it ftw.

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

I wouldn't exactly say that cit cr is useless - I always use it for 1v1/2v2 p2n or for pocket spears. Really I see it as something of a substitute for the booming power of exp. as I switch between aoc and eec. CCR is really nice to have for massing cits early on, and its also extremely useful for populating mines and farms cheaply. It just doesn't match the advantage of being able to throw down TC's anywhere you want, all game. Expansionism is the most ridiculously useful, frankly overpowered use of civ points in AOC. Its common knowledge. And in a sett like p2s with slow resource gathering and limited food, you can't understate the value of being able to place TC's anywhere without spending 200 food to create them. That + the immediate bonus of being able to spread your morale much further and quickly forward any important locations makes exp. dominant. You can beat it with pathfinding, but thats a story for another day and not at all easy to do besides.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

You know why cit cr is more popular now in eec club civs p2n?

(1) There is almost no more prophet rushing. (no tributes)
(2) There isn't expansionism.

Expansionism dominates cit cr for AOC clubs. It isn't even close. You can have 4 house morale everywhere, have a 5% boost to all metals and stone and expand on the enemy easier.

EEC cit cr is a must in 2v2/1v1 and pocket IMO. You can get away with it on wing too now if you want tbh.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Jack1st
Novice Member

Post by Jack1st »

i gotta agree with kaz - nice post josh^^.
i hope it helps to improve p2s game experiences.
but imo you aint takin into account that there are rly good spear users in 1v1 you cant beat as easy as you explained- i got astonished by one once ago :P . it all depends on the spears civ and on the civ you use against it, on the way you build up your base as a spears user etc. just saying :thumbsupl:

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

Jack1st wrote:i gotta agree with kaz - nice post josh^^.
i hope it helps to improve p2s game experiences.
but imo you aint takin into account that there are rly good spear users in 1v1 you cant beat as easy as you explained- i got astonished by one once ago :P . it all depends on the spears civ and on the civ you use against it, on the way you build up your base as a spears user etc. just saying :thumbsupl:
Yea 1v1 against a spearer can be really daunting. It's important to really outmass or tower whore vs such a person. you also may be in for a longer game, but I'd say two people of equal skill, the clubber should win.

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

Wow can't believe what an ass i was 8 years ago. excellent guide tho but holy shit the swearing. Also im curious as to who pinned it

Return to “Strategy”