mid dm no siege/religion - cav archer/sword

Moderator: taco

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

mid dm no siege/religion - cav archer/sword

Post by P-51 »

This civ r1ps on wing. Its much quicker than most cata/bow civs and can beat hit and runs with the right army control. Its also a good rush civ when you have the right proportions. Be sure to keep the civ balanced properly or your demise will be imminent. I like to mix vikings in with the swords to get the advantages of both units and in long games persians will also be useful depending on what civ you are fighting against. Use your cav archers to kill all enemy persians while the swords charge in to kill the archers. If the enemy has an abnormally large amount of cata use your swords to block your cav archers and hit and run until you are ready to attack their archers. The foot archer attack in the civ is good if you decide to build crossbows or you can substitute it with mountain combat bonus if you feel it will be useful on the particular map you are playing.
Upgrades for this civ varies on individual playing style but the swords are most effective when upgrading 2 arrow armor, 2 attack, and 2 speed.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Re: mid dm no siege/religion - cav archer/sword

Post by taco »

once again i can c little things wrong, not with ur civ as much, but in ur upgrades after the civ.
for instance ca spd is 16, sword upped 2ce(in game) is 17. the gain from 1 speed is not huge, and isnt even noticeable. i would suggest 2 att 1 hp 1 spd 2 arrow instead(or swap the att and hp around so its 1 att and 2hp). overall not bad. i do like the attack for bows.
also if ur going to give sword ups in game u may as well give ca ups.
im assuming ur doing 2 att 2 range 1 hp. for ca.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

taco wrote:once again i can c little things wrong, not with ur civ as much, but in ur upgrades after the civ.
for instance ca spd is 16, sword upped 2ce(in game) is 17. the gain from 1 speed is not huge, and isnt even noticeable. i would suggest 2 att 1 hp 1 spd 2 arrow instead(or swap the att and hp around so its 1 att and 2hp). overall not bad. i do like the attack for bows.
also if ur going to give sword ups in game u may as well give ca ups.
im assuming ur doing 2 att 2 range 1 hp. for ca.
Yeah I've never experimented much with the cav archer upgrades, I'll try that instead thanks.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

if u were going for speed as it looks like u are then ca spd in civ +1 in game is ideal. however in dm i dont think speed for ca is as big concern as ur swords are 16 speed anyway.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Yeah I never used speed for cav archers. I usually did 2 attack, 1 range, 2 hit points.

Return to “Deathmatch (DM)”