Mid Dm no Religion no Siege cata+ longbow/crossbow/persians

Moderator: taco

ak_47
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ak_47

Mid Dm no Religion no Siege cata+ longbow/crossbow/persians

Post by ak_47 »

This civ is good in 1v1 350 pop, or in 3v3-4v4s.
Catapraches acts like a shield for the ranged units(longbows,crossbows,persians) you usually use your catapraches to distract your enemy units to run towards your ranged units.
Attachments
image of the civilization points
image of the civilization points

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Re: Mid Dm no Religion no Siege cata+ longbow/crossbow/pers

Post by P-51 »

My dear AK, in your expert opinion what are the proper proportions of persians and xbows in order to achieve maximum effectiveness and minimum damage intake while using this civ?

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

much better, compared to ur other civs, no complaints( c i dont always complain) to answer p-51 with my knowledge, there is no set amount, if they use alot of catas then make a decent amount of persians.

if u think about it like this the more persians u have the quicker thier shield is gone(but dont go overloading with persians).

the civ is just cata archers xbow. with a trick card of persians its only there if u need it, if u dont need it then i wouldnt bother using it.

flurbaturb
Basic Member
Lobby Username: arsekakes

Post by flurbaturb »

A trick card indeed.

First you feed them the classic arrows and catas, they think its going to be an easy game: But little do they know you have them right where you want them...

A couple of battle clashes, you stay elusive but take opportunities to do damage when they present themselves. Do not press them too hard or take any unnecessary risks. They will fall in to the pattern of attack and retreat easily. Learn their timing.

Once you have them set up, that's when you pull the ace from up your sleeve. Stop cata production, change to Persian. Collect the brood together, like a tumbling avalanche of destruction, building power... until you reach critical mass.

THEN STRIKE!

Imagine, out of nowhere a huge swarm of Persians with 5+3 range emerge from the forest. They are coming right for you, at that moment you know you are doomed. You throw down your weapons and flee, running, clambering over your own comrades, stampeding the fallen. Frantic you try to escape like a trapped animal, you feel the fear tearing at you, you want to shriek. But its all over, there is no escape.

This civ is murderous, deadly effective. I just hope who ever wields it knows how to use the civ-

not let the civ use them...
Forums Expert and Honorary Chief Administrator

Return to “Deathmatch (DM)”