Middle SH Cav Archers

Moderator: taco

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Middle SH Cav Archers

Post by Omega »

Obviously, just one of the many variants of cav archer civs out there that are actually good.

Cavalry - Ranged
  • Attack
  • Range
  • Speed
  • Cost Reduction
  • Build Time Decrease
Buildings
  • Attack
Citizens and Fishing Boats
  • Hit Points
Economy
  • Gold Mining
  • Wood Cutting

Shang
Forum Noob

Re: Middle SH Cav Archers

Post by Shang »

to many ca upgrades. And whats up with building attack? i guess it depends if its aoc or eec

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

As stated in the original post, there are many variants of Cav Archer civs that are actually good.

One thing that is often a dividing line between them is whether it is a bonus or a 5 bonus civ with respect to Cav Archers. 4 bonus civs generally have cost, build time, speed, and range in them, although once and awhile you will see someone who has substituted range or speed for attack, most commonly range. 5 bonus civs generally have attack, range, speed, build time, and cost as the bonuses, with no variation.

This particular civilization is/was more commonly seen on eec. However, this does not mean it can't be used on aoc. It's just as effective on aoc as it is on eec, although the quality of the opponents on aoc needs to be significantly higher than it usually is for it to be worthwhile to use... However, this isn't about the subtle nuances of eec middle versus aoc middle; it's an extremely effective civilization on both games, assuming it is played competently and under suitable conditions. Will it always be the "best" cav archer civ? No. If there were a best cav archer civ, there wouldn't be so many truely good variants of cav archer civs everywhere.

Building attack is so your buildings kill things faster. Generally speaking of dudes who run around on foot and whack at stuff with big swords. That's actually the same reason for hit points on cits. Obviously, if your opponents are going to be completely and utterly ineffective in either making or using their swords, then neither of those serve much of a purpose. Assuming your opponents are actually halfway competent in both, though, it's quite useful (any by halfway competent I am referencing the 12 no upgrade swords by 3:15 f11 if they're doing super well player who can right click but doesn't know how to attack move even, player).

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

This civ is very effective when you KNOW your enemy wing is going to attempt ecoing you with swords (or if it's a "no siege" game). Otherwise, I prefer to substitute Building Attack and Cit HP with Field Cannon (Ballista) range.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Shang
Forum Noob

Post by Shang »

I dissagree. Well, first, i don't need a lesson on what building attack does, i've played the game for many years. The civ you have posted would have an extreamly hard time in an aoc match vs a person who has 4 ca upgrades, balli range, and possibly expansionism. Expecially if they have a good base and eco is well protected by towers. I don't see this strat working well in late game. On aoc at least, i wasnt a big eec guy.

Shang
Forum Noob

Post by Shang »

and i must say, you'd see more people get rid of btd before you saw anyone give up ca range. Anyone good anyways.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

A civ without BTD will have a hard match vs a good sword rusher.
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Shang wrote:I dissagree. Well, first, i don't need a lesson on what building attack does, i've played the game for many years. The civ you have posted would have an extreamly hard time in an aoc match vs a person who has 4 ca upgrades, balli range, and possibly expansionism. Expecially if they have a good base and eco is well protected by towers. I don't see this strat working well in late game. On aoc at least, i wasnt a big eec guy.
I would love to see someone with expansionism beat me, both of us with CA civs.

Shang
Forum Noob

Post by Shang »

yeah mang? try playing seizmic or texas ranger (if they still played). You would get rapped up the a-hole. you would probably think you were getting a jump on things. but you wouldnt be able to surpress their eco, and they'd eventually have the whole map.

Shang
Forum Noob

Post by Shang »

Pelie wrote:A civ without BTD will have a hard match vs a good sword rusher.
i was thinking of someone in a pocket situation and ca vs ca. i do agree tho, ca civ without btd would get recked by a sword rush.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Shang wrote:yeah mang? try playing seizmic or texas ranger (if they still played). You would get rapped up the a-hole. you would probably think you were getting a jump on things. but you wouldnt be able to surpress their eco, and they'd eventually have the whole map.
Typically, an expansionism civ doesn't have any economy bonuses, such as gold mining or wood cutting. I would. When making CA, any food you gather can be devoted to citizens. Making 5 extra citizens and turning a mine into a TC isn't very expensive or time consuming. On top of that, I'll be gathering more resources than he is since I have the bonuses, allowing me to make a much larger army. I'd just run him over with CA and Ballistas before he even gets a real chance to boom.

Even if he does end up getting a very large economy very quickly, it doesn't mean anything if he can't make the army required to fend off my attacks. You have to find a balance between your boom and unit production.

I could even outboom him because no matter what he does I'll be gathering more wood. That translates to more farms, and therefore more citizens.

Shang
Forum Noob

Post by Shang »

Usually with expan. they'll be 1 eco bonus, such as wood. (since there isnt usually 5 ca upgrades along with it)

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Post by Pinky »

Really you can sit and argue "theoretics", yes I made that word up, until your fingers go numb and it will not accomplish anything. Consistently applying those theories in practice is significantly more difficult even under the best of circumstances. That being said, why argue over an impossible topic?
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

coW_
Basic Member
Lobby Username: coW_

Post by coW_ »

oh my god..the memories..
ca.
i cant believe how much i miss this game now, is there still a way to play?

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

coW_ wrote:oh my god..the memories..
ca.
i cant believe how much i miss this game now, is there still a way to play?
Why do you think this forum was made???

Return to “Standard - High (SH)”