Middle 1v1 Cav Archers

Moderator: taco

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Middle 1v1 Cav Archers

Post by Arntzen »

Cav Civ with Building Cr and Attack + Citizens HP to help against Swordrush. This is not as good vs Cav since it dont have WoodCutting in it, but then again, WC is the only thing it doesnt have.
Cav1v1.png
Cav1v1.png (129.39 KiB) Viewed 17414 times
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Middle 1v1 Cav Archers

Post by lightnessking. »

I have a slight diff civ which I always use on eec, without wc, but the advantage of stronger siege in later games. And I never have problems with massing cavs :P.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

u take out build att +cit hp for bali att?
this leaves u with 1points for either cit att/prophet btd or siege btd.

then u will have a hard time vs sword, so i dont see how that is better than my civ.

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

I can't really remember my civ but I think there was no building cr in it. I don't think that this is necessary anyway. I'm not sure but I think you should be able to defend this way too. 3 towers + houses is still possible w/o building cr so strong enough vs swords. Only thing I'm thinkiong about now is if you are able to trade building cr for woodcutting.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Wizo wrote:I can't really remember my civ but I think there was no building cr in it. I don't think that this is necessary anyway. I'm not sure but I think you should be able to defend this way too. 3 towers + houses is still possible w/o building cr so strong enough vs swords. Only thing I'm thinkiong about now is if you are able to trade building cr for woodcutting.
You can, but only if you loose field cannon range as well (or loose citizen hp + building attack).

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Kazter wrote:u take out build att +cit hp for bali att?
this leaves u with 1points for either cit att/prophet btd or siege btd.

then u will have a hard time vs sword, so i dont see how that is better than my civ.
I'm not saying that, altho in my opinion it would be better for team games (of course you said its a civ for 1v1 =P) ^^. Just saying I have no problems with massing cavs without woodcutting in the civ, and that woodcutting is not really neccesary at all in low pop cap games.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Wizo wrote:I can't really remember my civ but I think there was no building cr in it. I don't think that this is necessary anyway. I'm not sure but I think you should be able to defend this way too. 3 towers + houses is still possible w/o building cr so strong enough vs swords. Only thing I'm thinkiong about now is if you are able to trade building cr for woodcutting.
I believe ur civ is more or less identical to the one in the downloadsection.
If u want both cav btd and wc in ur civ. u end up with 6points for what i have chosen bali-range+cit attack. This leaves u with a much weaker civ against swords.

3Towers and 4 houses means you got a map with 2 close golds, close to wood close to ur capitol.
This is rather rare IMO.

Or u got only 1gold+close wood and u do a tc start, in this case u wont need wc IMO.

Also cr on buildings doesnt mean u have to use 4 towers. Many times I've "made my map good" with a wall, then 3tower4houses.

Bottom line: I've used both civs and find the one i uploaded more usefull in most situations. Except vs cav.

devilridermax
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: devilrider

Post by devilridermax »

building attack is useless, as for cit hp i'd also claim it as useless, swords shouldnt even get to kill your cits if they do it's usually means your dead, don't think you can beat the classic wood + gold

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

devilridermax wrote:building attack is useless
Considering swords should beat cav in a 1v1, I find tower att + cit hp to be usefull. Not to mention building cr. U get 4 stronger towers insted of 3.
devilridermax wrote:as for cit hp i'd also claim it as useless, swords shouldnt even get to kill your cits if they do it's usually means your dead
With a decent to medium map, swords will kill citz. Maybe this is me playing poor, but thats my experience atleast. Also u wont have 4 houses as the other civ, so I find cit hp very usefull.
devilridermax wrote:don't think you can beat the classic wood + gold
I think in some maps this civ can be more usefull, this beeing said: I look at my map then choose what civ I'll use.

devilridermax
Intermediate Member

Post by devilridermax »

in reguards to the 4 towers thing, means you only have 2 houses,

and you can get 3 towers + 4 houses with no building cr

cit hp is decent but let's face it, to have wood cutting in your civ is just beyond

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

1) halfway competent sword player defeats cav arch 1v1 in almost every case, unless the cav player makes zero mistakes and has superb micro.

2) there really only is one viable ca civ for 1v1, thats wood/gold btd with your preference of cit hp/twr attack or building btd/siege range - the latter for me as fast building towers is invaluable for stopping the rally rush. lets be honest, vs a good sword player tower attack doesnt matter, cit hp doesnt matter, and balli range is a luxury for the off chance ur enemy goes ca. the only thing that will save you is the massing capability you get from wood/gold + btd, so that just maybe if you defend the 6-8 f11 sword blob perfectly u will have enough cits and ca left to take control of the game. thinking that extra tower or +28 attack is gonna help much with killing 20-30 lvl8 swords...foolishness.

devilridermax
Intermediate Member

Post by devilridermax »

Amen to elite!

Ben 360
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ben 360

Post by Ben 360 »

In 1v1 middle sh, you need pop cap in the civ because cav take 2 of the population away. Just thought I´de help you. Watch as you win more games.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Ben 360 wrote:In 1v1 middle sh, you need pop cap in the civ because cav take 2 of the population away. Just thought I´de help you. Watch as you win more games.
what a joke lol. it's obviously kazter.

Return to “Standard - High (SH)”