Cav Rush/Boom Expan Civ

Moderator: taco

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Cav Rush/Boom Expan Civ

Post by Omega »

Eisregen wrote:i have bali rang in all my ca expan civs.
in 2vs2/3vs3 i use no cr buildings for bali rang
in 4vs4 i have a no cr ca civ too for atk+rang balis
I think Nemo's point is that you always sacrifice something (not just the exact things in the example he mentioned), and as such your civilization will never be ideal for both rushing AND booming. You can go all out on one or the other, or you can be somewhere inbetween, but you can't have a civilization that's as good at rushing as a dedicated rush civilization AND simultaneously as good at booming as a dedicated boom civilization.

In that 2v2/3v3 civ, lacking building CR is a tradeoff for bali range. I'd even argue it's a good tradeoff, but it's still going to make your civilization a bit weaker at the start because you'll be able to make less defensive buildings (tower/wall/house/hospital) and you'll have slightly less wood to use for the production of CA due to increased building cost. As such, you're trading an early game advantage (i.e. very slightly decreasing your massing ability of early-game CA and decreasing your defensive potential) for a later advantage of having bali range. Such a civilization is (IMO) pretty much right in the middle of the continuum between booming and rushing, but tends a little bit more to the boom side due to the Expansionism.

The same is true with the 4v4 civ--you're trading a bonus that's extremely good early on for massing CA and getting an advantage on upgrades for a bonus that's extremely good later on in the game. This civilization certainly isn't a great rush civilization and you will be at a disadvantage from the start against a dedicated rush civilization due to that, but if you can hang on long enough and get balis then your opponent is the one at the disadvantage for the rest of the game.

Basically, no good civilization can do everything perfectly well--all civilizations fall along some point in the continuum between booming and rushing, and no civilization can occupy two or more points along that continuum because that's impossible! Generally, civilizations that are designed with the express purpose of trying to occupy two ore more points along that continuum shift towards the "Shit civ" end of the "good civ vs shit civ" continuum, because the focus of the civ isn't clear and as such some of the key bonuses don't even make sense for how you can play with the civilization.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: Cav Rush/Boom Expan Civ

Post by Captain Nemo »

Omega wrote: I think Nemo's point...
yes pretty much
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Return to “Standard - High (SH)”