Modern TL

Moderator: taco

ben55

Modern TL

Post by ben55 »

If you have any questions on how to use any of the civilizations please ask me my name in lobby is [-Ts-] rhythm. I'm not going to go in depth on how to use them just giving general idea behind them, but if you would like to know more or want any tips/training whatever please message me! Also on some of the civilizations I limited their use to what a newer play would use them for. Yes I know you can use 4pt s-range f-attack civ in 4v4 wing, but it isn't the best choice nor practical for a newer player.

I'm going to upload the civs via attachments. To add the civs to your folder, download the attachment and place the civs in the EEAOC>USERS>CIVILIZATIONS folder.

I suggest you re name the civilizations once you download them.

!=civ name in attachment
@=where it can be used
#=how it is used

Some common abbreviations I will use; CR=Cost Reduction BTD=Build Time Decrease F=Fighter S=Siege
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!4pt infantry btd

@1v1, 2v2, 3v3 wing

#1v1 and 2v2 speaking it is a forward civilization. Forwarding is making a mini base outside your enemies around 3-5f11 and attacking them with an infantry in this case continuously from when you make your first until as long as you can while you boom it is very effective versus people who love to airport boom. 3v3 wing scout them if you see infantry-anti tank combo mass as many marines as you can until 9-10f11 get to lvl 6 too and attack them. If you see tank-anti tank mass infantry-anti tank like normal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!4pt f-attack s-range

@ 1v1, 2v2

#1v1 and 2v2 this is THE boom civ. You can do almost anything from this civilization. Air boom, Tank boom whatever you want to do you can do the idea is to play defense try and gain control of the air war. Once you control the skies you can put some pressure on the enemy, but remember to expand take every mine on the map as soon as you can remember build everywhere. Aim for a hero around 17-25f11 overwhelm them with sheer numbers and control of the map.

!cheap air, infantry range

@ 1v1, 2v2

#1v1 and 2v2 This civ gives up some of the boom power of the one above to gain cheap and quick air and infantry range. Basically same strategy as the 4pt s-range f-attack civ, but you can be much more aggressive with your airplanes since it is okay if you lose some due to them being cheaper.
Attachments
cheap air, inf range.civ
(64 Bytes) Downloaded 642 times
4pt f-attack s-range.civ
(56 Bytes) Downloaded 640 times
4pt infantry btd.civ
(48 Bytes) Downloaded 676 times
Last edited by ben55 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

ben55

Re: Modern TL

Post by ben55 »

!mass air

@1v1,2v2,3v3

#1v1 and 2v2Mass air raid them with fighter bombers I'd mainly focus on raiding their mines until they AA them up then pick off whatever isn't protected. Basically cripple them as much as you can with fighter bombers while you boom. Try for hero 17-25f11 hope you cripple them enough you can gain control of the map. 3v3 pocket Run from the other pocket avoid engaging him use your fbs to snipe important things example your ally wing is tanks, use your fbs too kill his anti tanks run back to safety, or kill their arty with your fighter bombers. Air vs Air you will lose the idea is to attack first and before they enemy pocket's air gets to help you are out of the way. A good strategy to use with this civ is have your wing use a mass tank civ make 3 fighter bombers asap I get 3 in their base around 9-9:30 use the three to kill anything that could harm a tank have your wing march in before they can recover. Doesn't always work, but it is an example of an effective way to use this civ.
!mass tank

@3v3/4v4

#3v3 and 4v4 You make lots of M1 Tanks lots. Make as many as you can by 9:40f11 with lvl 4(2 attack upgraded) and focus fire stuff that kills your tanks first, then kill houses and hospitals. A wing using this civ and a pocket using the civ above together on one side can put a lot of pressure out on an enemy wing in the early game possibly deciding a 3v3 game in one well coordinated attack.

!pocket f-btd

@3v3/4v4

#3v3 and 4v4 You trade building cr for f hp. This is the most balanced air/pocket civ in the game. It can play 3v3 or 4v4 very well. The btd means you have fighter btd the civ below does not have fighter btd instead it gains pop cap.

!pocket pop cap

@4v4

#4v4 basically trade f btd for popcap great for 4v4, I'd only use it their and use one of the other air civs I posted here for 3v3

Pocket is kind of hard to explain but very easy to show if you want some pointers/training/tips or whatever contact me in the lobby. Gonna post the last 2 civs in the next post.
Attachments
pocket, popcap.civ
(58 Bytes) Downloaded 622 times
pocket, f-btd.civ
(57 Bytes) Downloaded 635 times
mass tank.civ
(45 Bytes) Downloaded 665 times
mass air.civ
(48 Bytes) Downloaded 620 times

ben55

Post by ben55 »

!wing, inf-anti tank

@3v3/4v4

#3v3/4v4 Most common Mod Tl civ you will see mix in infantry and anti tank. If you see they are infantry-anti tank as well either mass just infantry or go M1/Mortar with armor upgraded on your tanks ASAP. If they are tank-anti tank defend and boom longer the game lasts better infantry-anti tank gets versus tank-anti tank.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!wing, tank-anti tank

@3v3/4v4

#3v3/4v4 Attack around 8-9, if they are tank mass or tank-anti tank, just use your food on cits and mass anti tank and get a quick hero and kill them. If they are infantry-anti tank try and coordinate with your pocket he kills anti tank guns you come in and shoot things up, but in truth if you can't kill the infantry-anti tank enemy before 14f11 your best switching to m1/mortar. Since infantry-anti tank rock tank-anti tank, but loses to m1/mortar pretty bad. Also for every iron mine you have make a tank fact, so if you only have 1 iron mine you really only need 1 tank fact same for siege facts and gold mines. Try and upgrade range on Anti Tank asap and attack on tanks asap.
Attachments
wing, tank-anti tank.civ
(60 Bytes) Downloaded 615 times
wing, inf-anti tank.civ
(59 Bytes) Downloaded 624 times

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Nice posts, I'd say this covers just about everything you would see in a *normal* Mod TL game. Of course a lot of players will have their own variations of these civs and there's also the cheap shit like marine rushing with Fanaticism, etc.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

if i feel like playing aoc mod tl then il read them indeptly. right now im struggling to get in the mood to play any game..

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

if ya downloaded or read the civs, get off your ass and play mod tl
mhm?!?

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I'm up for mod tl anytime! :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Fraktardo
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: King Noobachadnezzar

Post by Fraktardo »

I agree host mod tl!
"fortune favors the butt pickers"

ben55

Post by ben55 »

plan to do an overhaul of this whole thread

videos, screenshots, written guides, etc.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Sounds very good Sir! :D
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Tournament - Low (TL)”