(73 Bytes) Downloaded 643 times

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: mod no rush

Post by Arntzen »

bosshaftciv.jpg
bosshaftciv.jpg (52.71 KiB) Viewed 29933 times
Here is the civ for anyone who want to see it without having to download it.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Islands with absolutely no boat bonuses? I mean sure wood is limited and that makes air a good choice but you should at least have sub range for Tridents. Much better choice than Siege cost reduction.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

bosshaft
Intermediate Member

Post by bosshaft »

well u dont really need sub updates because if u have a strong air u kill his whole marine, subs can be killed with reli or some seakings. especially in island games air is most important

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

In mod... Sea AA kills air fairly easy except for f14 but pop cap can mean they wont reach their full potential and will lose to the sea stuff.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

bosshaft
Intermediate Member

Post by bosshaft »

air will always win against sea in a mod no rush on islands. one atomic bomb kills his whole marine, and marine = wood. on islands games there isnt so much wood

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Doubt your nukes would even reach the fleet... But yes the limited wood is an issue when going fleet. A combi would prolly be better. Being a teamgame u can have one fleet one air... Fleetguy can borrow some wood too then

bosshaft
Intermediate Member

Post by bosshaft »

you could also replace the SAS commando with something else, this is my special mod nr civ the SAS is a good suprise if u attack with them after your air attacked his island.
trust me in a no rush u have a strong air with maybe 50bombers and 10 atomic bombers after 60f11 they will kill his whole marine in one attack.
even if not, you can use reli which will also destroy his marine, therefore marine is useless in my opinion.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

If u have that many bombers he can easilly have 100 aa ships. It's not nano they eat bombers. But reli can save u... For a long time

bosshaft
Intermediate Member

Post by bosshaft »

100 aa ship? how the hell u wanna get that much wood after 60f11 this is bullshit. even with market and 15% wood + in civ its impossible and unrealistict. just attack with ~ 50 bombers and lets say 3-4 b52 with 35+18 area damage and u kill a whole marine army.
air > sea in mod nr islands, that easy

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Lol 15% wood gathering is not going to invent more trees. U have enough wood for 100 aa ships but u can't keep em coming forever. I assume we're on a large map large islands yes?

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

On regular maps (3v3 4v4 large and large Islands) wing goes siege/navi and pocket goes air and then later usually add on navi.

If this is considered a 1v1 civ you really want to get siege, air and navi. Only exception is if the islands are too far apart so the siege can't reach. In this case you only want to get air/navi.

IMO Mod Island is all about bomber/nuke/fighters/artillery/tridents. aa-ships suck. Only reason to get them is to have a few to be safe against some sea king (or if you've completely won shore you can get more of them since enemy siege ain't a problem). I wouldn't get more than 20 tho. Your anti-air should be mainly fighters, but of course aa-buildings is always great. Flaks can be helpful if your pocket is hopeless.

Anyway, when it comes to civ, I would probably go for advanced mining+gold/iron on both wing and pocket. My pocket civ would have fighter att/hp/spd/cr, the same for bombers or swap att for ad if I have enough points. It would also have heli spd and popcap.
Wing civ would have siege ad/range/att/hp. Sub range. Firgate hp and building range. Bomber spd and heli spd + popcap. If I could afford any more I would swap firgate hp for range and add bomber hp in there. Doubt it tho, but I'm not at home so can't check.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Arntzen wrote:On regular maps (3v3 4v4 large and large Islands) wing goes siege/navi and pocket goes air and then later usually add on navi.

If this is considered a 1v1 civ you really want to get siege, air and navi. Only exception is if the islands are too far apart so the siege can't reach. In this case you only want to get air/navi.

IMO Mod Island is all about bomber/nuke/fighters/artillery/tridents. aa-ships suck. Only reason to get them is to have a few to be safe against some sea king (or if you've completely won shore you can get more of them since enemy siege ain't a problem). I wouldn't get more than 20 tho. Your anti-air should be mainly fighters, but of course aa-buildings is always great. Flaks can be helpful if your pocket is hopeless.

Anyway, when it comes to civ, I would probably go for advanced mining+gold/iron on both wing and pocket. My pocket civ would have fighter att/hp/spd/cr, the same for bombers or swap att for ad if I have enough points. It would also have heli spd and popcap.
Wing civ would have siege ad/range/att/hp. Sub range. Firgate hp and building range. Bomber spd and heli spd + popcap. If I could afford any more I would swap firgate hp for range and add bomber hp in there. Doubt it tho, but I'm not at home so can't check.
Seems like u're talking about nano age tbh. The sea AA is massively strong, I've played hundreds of mod dm island games to know this. The only downfall of the navy is prophets.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Fighters>>>>>sea aa. A smart bomber will just go around your sea aa and hit your wonders/capitols.
Temple ur navi and you will be fine. Point of the navi IMO is to let the tridents do their work.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Kazter, you're out of your league here. You're plain wrong.

To illustrate how wrong you are with an anecdote, there was a cheater in the nefarious B-52 clan that routinely used a 3x bomber cost reduction civilization (with all the normal bonuses you'd expect) in islands games, both large and small. The strategy was pretty much as you're imagining it would be, except they really don't give a shit about losing bombers at all, since their bombers would cost a mere 102 gold and 102 iron; a standard bomber civilization would have bombers costing almost 57% more.

Even with that enormous advantage of infinite suicide bombers, the bomber tactic really wasn't all that powerful.

You're better off making carriers, F-14s, and a few other support ships (and/or sea kings) than you are making B-2 bombers. Even if you have the advantage of using a ridiculous hexed bomber civilization.

Return to “Civilizations”