training req

Want to be trained? You can request training in here!
Geroge
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Geroge

training req

Post by Geroge »

1. Setts you want to be trained at: Whatever you are most knowledgeable in, or whatever is most commonly played on SaveEE or gameranger
2. Lobby name: Geroge
3. How long you have played EE and/or AoC: Started in 2003, played on and off till 2008 or so. Just came back, I was never good back then. I've played a lot of RTS since like Starcraft and Empires and such.
4. What settings are you good at (if any)?: Unsure, probably none
5. TimeZone: Pacific Standard Time
6. What times (your time) do you normally play EE or AoC?: Avaliable from 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM most days except when I'm out, (Not much going on in school for me right now, being a 2nd semester senior)
7. Is there anything else you would like to add? I've probably topped out on APM for myself, and dont really need to focus on any micro/macro skills, I'm more looking to what the metagame is for most settings and some build orders.
Thanks,
Geroge

edit- I also have Skype, vent, TS, mumble or anything that would make training a lot easier.

StatsZero
Intermediate Member
Xfire: EXTINQUISHER
Lobby Username: Zero. Dont forget all the fancy marks. lol

Re: training req

Post by StatsZero »

If you got Skype i can teach you some EEC MIS SH.. Thats also the only sett im actually good at myselfe...
Beleaf me when i say: If you know general booming, micro-management and speed; You'll do i'd say decent in any sett.. If you want to get good you need to work on that particular sett.
So what i suggest is to hop on Lobby/GR and send me PM so i can train you some :mrgreen: :thumbsupl:

Zeroooo.

Geroge
Novice Member

Post by Geroge »

I'd really appreciate that. Add me on skype (drackguy123), and I'll hit you if your ever up for it

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

also best way to learn is join liga games or mid sh pro games and either obs or play and lose but like i say more you lose more you learn ;)
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Well, I'm not sure if I agree with you here Tricky. If you want a person to learn kung fu, you should not make him fight Bruce Lee at his first day. If you join a pro game as a beginner you will most likely die before f11 3.

I advice learning how to start with swords and CA. Aim for 9-12 swords f11 3. At this point, I feel like the more you play (and loose) the better. As Tricky is saying, looseing is really good for a player who wants to improve. Took me a while to realize this (usually it just makes me mad) but it really is very helpfull.

I think I talked to you in the lobby and gave you the guide? Read as much as you want from that, but most importantly play alot!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Geroge
Novice Member

Post by Geroge »

Thanks both for your advice and input. I'd like to play with a wider plethora of people, but I can never seem to find anyone up for a game and I end up playing with the same people, unless they kick me for someone better. If anyone would like to be a practice partner or something, hit me up with a PM, I'd really appreciate it :D

Return to “Request Training”