Scenerio Editing Training Requested

Want to be trained? You can request training in here!
kylethegreat
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: kylethegreat

Scenerio Editing Training Requested

Post by kylethegreat »

I am looking for a trainer with the specialized field of scenerio editing. I am trying to make a realistic world map which I am about half way done with. But thats not all. This world map also will be a World War 3 scenerio set in the modern age epoch. But what I am having issues with is I want to have missile bases in my world war. What fun would a moder day world war be without missile silos? Honestly? Anywho, I've tried a combination of a few triggers and enabled the technology for missile bases and used the civ. power missile bases. It is possible to have missile bases in the modern age epoch isn't it? Why am I having so much trouble with this? what can I do? I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks.

The one
The only
Kyle The Great

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Re: Scenerio Editing Training Requested

Post by Trichome Indica »

HI , I made an Inquiry with a scen guy,,,,,

[06:25:24] President Obama whispers to you: Yes
[06:25:28] President Obama whispers to you: Just use a trigger
[06:25:46] President Obama whispers to you: A player effect with modify tech tree
[06:26:12] President Obama whispers to you: ask if he has read my tuts
He has posted some great tutorials for scens here,,,,,,,
viewforum.php?f=94
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Kyle,

I hope you used a "template" before creating your map, if not you are unable to play it online with friends.

How to make a template:

First thing to do, how much players do you want to be playing the scenario? Let's take for example: 5
So you want 5 players to join into your game, if you want with a specific name for example:
- Player 1
- Player 2
- Player 3
- Player 4
- Player 5

Have the settings correct as you want (easy/medium/hard & Reveal map must be selected as wished, cannot be editted in scenario editor)

Tell ALL the players to NOT build/produce anything, and or spend resources in any way. (this can mess up your template).

Start the game

Pause the game preferred time is f11 00:00:00

Save the game as: Template5players

The file should be at: C:/Sierra/Empire Earth The Art Of Conquest/Data/Saved Games/Template5players.EES <<(EES important)

You want this template to edit, simply change the .EES into .SCN and move the file to your Scenario folder which should be located at: C:/Sierra/Empire Earth The Art Of Conquest/Data/Scenarios

Well done! Now you are able to create your map the way as you wish, with the ability to play online.

What happens if you don't use a template:

EE will see the "added" players in the editor as CPU Players, these simply cannot be played as a real player. If you attempt to join the loaded scenario. it says Error: *name* cannot be found in saved game.

I hope this works for your scenario creating!
If your looking for a template for an amounce of players, contact me in lobby and I'll see if I have any, President Obama also have templates ( I'm sure. )

If you need help on the trigger system, you can also ask me.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

kylethegreat
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: kylethegreat

Post by kylethegreat »

Thanks guys this was extremely helpful. I appreciate it.

Return to “Request Training”