Newbie Training

Want to be trained? You can request training in here!
Lordtac
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Lordtac

Newbie Training

Post by Lordtac »

1.Preferred Training: I don't know any sets so I can't really suggest any, general training would be best (Perhaps Mid and Pre/Space)

2.Lobby name: Lordtac

3.Experience: About a week

4.Best Sets: Not to good at any settings so far

5.Time-Zone: -05:00 (eastern time)

6.Playing Times: Anytime from 4pm to 12 midnight (mostly around 12 midnight or later due to girlfriend)

7.Other: I am a very defensive player by nature, I tend to try and get my economy dealt with as soon as possible. But unfortunately because I play this way, I tend to get stomped by early rushes of no more then 5 enemy units. because early in the game, I am to concerned with my economy to think about building defenses or soldiers.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Newbie Training

Post by Ghost »

Well, I think it's kinda natural for a noob to be a defensive player. Unfortunately due to today's play styles, starting out doing a complete boom will pretty much always get you killed. You have to be able to stop a rush, and pretty much the only way to do that is do a slide.

A slide is essentially performing a rush, but instead of being the aggressor you are stopping him. Rushing, at one point or another, typically involves sacrificing your military units in the name of killing enemy citizens. So long as you have a reasonable amount of units to kill the ones he rushes at you, he will always have to spend more resources on military than you (this is an attempt to finish the rush and kill you, or as a defensive precaution in case you counter-attack). As a slider, you put priority on building citizens and getting a bigger eco, rather than building an army; and you try to lose as few amount of units as possible.

Sliding will also pull some strategy from a turtler: make walls, towers, and houses. Houses make your units take less damage when they are close to your base. Because you're defending, you will always have that advantage. If he wishes to take on your military, he needs more units than you to beat you. If he goes for your citizens, your citizens won't die as easy.

Basically if you follow the ideas outlined above, then in theory you should have the better economy in the end, allowing you to have the better military later so you can kill your opponent while his economy is still weak.

To be a successful slider you have to 1) know how to rush in the first place, and 2) anticipate [most] actions of the rusher (easier if you are really good at #1 and know the skill of your opponent).

I can provide you with some in-depth training when I'm online, from basics to build orders to more advanced strategy. These days I'm not on past midnight much (I'm in the same timezone), but if you catch me I'm willing to help you. I'd probably have to start you off with showing you how to rush before teaching you a slide. And given the skill of today's players, sliding is probably the easiest in Pre2Space, but that sett gets a little too complicated after Pre lol.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

make sure to check the downloads in the training area and the build orders in the strategy area. where did u find this game?? its pretty old so its funny how there is always completely new ppl

VoE_CusTomm^
Lobby Username: VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

Hello , I am Trichome Para.

I am really willing to train you and from on tomorrow I can host anyways.

Btw, Our Trichome clan got something that is called : Tricruit. Means a second squad , for the total beginners. You could easily join us , by talking to : Indica, Blitzkrieg , Gnarlatious , or me (Trichome clan members ) in the lobby. If I see you I will whisper you.
The advantages are basically that you ''grow up'' in a community of friendly players, and since I my job in Trichome is to train all tricruits, you would be perfectly profided with help , there.

IF you dont really like it , thats no problem , I could still Train you in some set , when I have free time, but I will offer most of my time for the Tricruits. So see you there ! :)

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

good job para, i like what your doing.

Lordtac
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Lordtac

Post by Lordtac »

Thanks for all the replies

I played this game AGES ago (like a week after it came out) and then forgot about it.

Unfortunately I had to torrent it, the only way to find it anymore is online, and I don't have a pay-pal or even a debit card so i couldn't buy it ($6 on a site I was shown by a friend)

I tried out EE3 and it sucks so bad I just had to play EE1 to at least see if it was better and I was right.

I'll try to be on after midnight for training.

Slide strategy sounds interesting, I'll try that out in mid-day against CPU enemies when i can.

Return to “Request Training”