EE CUP 2

Important information about the tournament, including rules, and any announcements.
_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Re: EE CUP 2

Post by _DavE_ »

"who is better in a BOF3 will also win in a BO5 makes no difference."

Now that, I completely disagree with straight away. Especially when you have two players who are equally skilled. It could go either way..

In any tournament, you want the better players to reach the final stages and then end up playing each other head to head. I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority of players out there who would much rather watch myself verse Samuel in a semi-final than Soldado1999 verse Samuel in Mid SH.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

The larger the series is, the clearer it will be who's actually the better player. There is a reason chess world championship finals aren't just one game, and why TheViper and DauT played best of 21 in AoE 2 to find out who's #1. Like in AoE 2, we don't have custom maps. Which can be a very huge factor if you only do one game, but becomes less and less important the more games you add on because statistically how good your map is compared to your opponents will even out. Of course BO21 isn't practical in a tournament like this.

As you've mentioned TzarKosta the upside of having few games is that it improves the chances for weaker players to win and this may encourage more lesser skilled players to join this tournament and the next one. That being said though, I have to agree with DavE's suggestion to add Bo5 to the semi-finals and the finals. I can only imagine a final of bo3 where the winner first gambles and goes knights and wins, and the second game his opponent has a map with one gold and one stone mine. Chances for such a lame ass final is already low at Bo3, but will be much lower at a Bo5.

PS. Watch out for Soldado1999, he got some real game.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

TzarKosta
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: TzarKosta

Post by TzarKosta »

from time reasons I will remove the loser bracket
we play the tournament normal in BOF3
Semfinal and Final BO5

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

Thank for very much TzarKosta. Just so you know, your efforts in organising this tournament are very much appreciated. Bring on the tournament!! And many more..

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

Damn, I was really looking forward to the loser bracket, I might have still stood a chance even after losing to Soldado1999

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

BTW where are all the Ts at ? Gambit , colo , velocity ??
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

TzarKosta
Advanced Member

Post by TzarKosta »

colo has no time.
velo gambit dunno

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

So, hopefully the draw is tomorrow? Would be awesome to find out who my first opponent is :)

Also, what are the rules regarding if you were to be unfortunate enough to receive a poor map? I.E One iron/gold mine, or a mine along the edge of the map?
Last edited by _DavE_ on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

TzarKosta
Advanced Member

Post by TzarKosta »

I will draw tomorrow
we need a few more players

whats with ebay and kirac ?

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

We have 16-17 players which I think is a decent amount to be honest. However, I am cautious as to who this "Soldaldo" smurf player is. I'm not sure about them, I haven't seen Kirac for a few weeks now. I could always send them a quick message.

DatChemDawg
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: DatChemDawg

Post by DatChemDawg »

I'd like to get in on this if i can sort out some installation problems. Havent played more than a game or two in the last few years but used to practice stupid amounts of AoC Mid SH with this dude texas ranger. Will update if i can work out the installation and it isnt too late.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Do you need help with installing? What kind of problems are u having?

Anyone is welcome to join. :thumbsupl:

DatChemDawg
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: DatChemDawg

Post by DatChemDawg »

Following the guide that is on this forum somewhere I'm installing the RC patch currently and it seems it might be caught in a loop on the "installing files and settings" step. I'm gonna passively work on it while I bang out some lab work, ill check back in if I cant get it resolved, thanks! Is this toury for EEC or AoC by the way? Im down with either

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

you dont need rc patch.. just install EE and install neoee patch from neoee.net. RC patch is for gameranger client and not where we play.

Edit: Tourney is for EEC

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

DatChemDawg - What was your known AOC name? I played MidSH on there for years! Awesome game

Return to “Tournaments”