EE Liga League Season 1

Important information about the tournament, including rules, and any announcements.
_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

EE Liga League Season 1

Post by _DavE_ »

The Liga League will be up and running now. There have been a couple of alterations which this thread will let you know all about. The fixture list and league table currently on the link below is the first HALF of the season to see how it goes.

RULES
1) Each fixture will be a series of FOUR games.
2) Each player is entitled to ONE veto each during each fixture. This MUST BE declared in under 3 f11. IF in a rare circumstance a player wishes to veto a SECOND time due to a pretty poor map, their opponent MUST agree.
3) The ONLY colours to be used are Blue and Red. This just cuts out any potential advantage a player might gain through selecting an unfair colour. I.e Green on grass maps, Cyan on snow maps.
(If anyone does play a game with a colour different to Blue or Red it simply won't count)
4) You can post screenshots here if you wish of games played. Ultimately, I will just whisper both players on the lobby to confirm results if I haven't observed the games myself.

3 points for a win
1 point for a draw
0 points for a loss

Here is the link for the FULL fixture list and the current ranking table is available if you scroll right down to the bottom.

The SECOND half of the season has begun. Rounds 10-14 are now OPEN to play.

http://tournamentscheduler.net/schedule/NDEwOTY1MDUwNg
Last edited by _DavE_ on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Re: EE Liga League Season 1

Post by _DavE_ »

UPDATE - 28-02-17 Rounds FIVE to EIGHT are now open to play. This means INCLUDING round 8 but no further. This is just to hopefully get more games played, once again these can be played in any order.

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

UPDATE - 01-03-17- Splinter has replaced Baboo due to not showing up. Gl

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

UPDATE - 13-03-17 - Seeing as we are now literally half way through our first Liga season, there's only one game left to be played until everybody has played 9 games (Nafrayu vs Tano)

The following rounds are now OPEN to play, Rounds 10 to 14 (Yes, this includes Round 14) So everybody will now have another 5 opponents to play. Check here to see who YOUR opponents are, I will let everybody know when I see you online.

http://tournamentscheduler.net/schedule/NDEwOTY1MDUwNg

TzarKosta
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: TzarKosta

Post by TzarKosta »

I find it exaggerated with so many games
4 games + Double Rounds that stretches too much in the length

2 games rich either it will be a 2: 0 or 1: 1
At esgl.net then that was also played so
So you give the weaker player the chance to get a 1-1 draw
With luck so would be the whole also more exciting and faster to finish ..
Should not be a criticism but an improvement proposal.

I know that you go to figure out who is the best player but
You rob the motivation of the players who lose in a row 0: 3

A Champions League mode would be best with group stage and playoff 8)

Aizen
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ll/Wolfy

Post by Aizen »

TzarKosta wrote:I find it exaggerated with so many games
4 games + Double Rounds that stretches too much in the length

2 games rich either it will be a 2: 0 or 1: 1
At esgl.net then that was also played so
So you give the weaker player the chance to get a 1-1 draw
With luck so would be the whole also more exciting and faster to finish ..
Should not be a criticism but an improvement proposal.

I know that you go to figure out who is the best player but
You rob the motivation of the players who lose in a row 0: 3

A Champions League mode would be best with group stage and playoff 8)
you should make the 4th Cup tho, i bet all excited for that.
-NeW-: wolfy = ts anarchy
-NeW-: 0-4
--------------------------------------
"won him again 0-3"
-NeW- whispers to you: omg i ignored you u only talk bull shit fuck kiddy havent nothing need money about your parents fuck nerd son of the bitc*

TzarKosta
Advanced Member

Post by TzarKosta »

[/quote]
you should make the 4th Cup tho, i bet all excited for that.[/quote]

Next month I will have more leisure I should organize something 8)

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

The beauty of this league system is there is no time limit. What's the rush at the end of the day? We play the games when we have time as not everyone plays as regularly as everyone else.

And as for the "2 Game series" method. I think it is absolutely ridiculous, and this league has had numerous games where actually, the so called "lesser" player has taken points off the so called "better" player. That's the beauty of it, It's the pressure of playing and being expected to win, but the random map generator, various epochs and strategies that are out there have made it very interesting.

TzarKosta
Advanced Member

Post by TzarKosta »

_DavE_ wrote:The beauty of this league system is there is no time limit. What's the rush at the end of the day? We play the games when we have time as not everyone plays as regularly as everyone else.

And as for the "2 Game series" method. I think it is absolutely ridiculous, and this league has had numerous games where actually, the so called "lesser" player has taken points off the so called "better" player. That's the beauty of it, It's the pressure of playing and being expected to win, but the random map generator, various epochs and strategies that are out there have made it very interesting.
Your story is nothing more than a ladder no big difference :roll:
Without time limit has the disadvantage that tournament has no End
1 month already and no end in sight
at the time you could host 2 other tournaments
I'm not a fan of best of 5 7 10
Firstly, it is too much in length
Second one must also be able to cope with a bad map
In football example a ronaldo messi must also show in snow and rain and mud That he can play
anyway well that someone host tournaments
Today's good players have perfected the game so the man does not want to leave anything to chance what is exaggerated for me :roll:
Old tournament was also only one game max best of 3 The winner was also accepted and one was looking forward to the next tournament :D

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

TzarKosta wrote:
Your story is nothing more than a ladder no big difference :roll:
Without time limit has the disadvantage that tournament has no End
1 month already and no end in sight
at the time you could host 2 other tournaments
I'm not a fan of best of 5 7 10
Firstly, it is too much in length
Second one must also be able to cope with a bad map
In football example a ronaldo messi must also show in snow and rain and mud That he can play
anyway well that someone host tournaments
Today's good players have perfected the game so the man does not want to leave anything to chance what is exaggerated for me :roll:
Old tournament was also only one game max best of 3 The winner was also accepted and one was looking forward to the next tournament :D
This tournament is very nearly 3/4 of the way through. It's a league at the end of the day so of course it is going to take some time to complete.

You're not even involved in this league in any way shape or form so I'd appreciate it if you would keep your negative comments to yourself.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

TzarKosta wrote: Second one must also be able to cope with a bad map
Messi never spawns in a football match with 5 players against 22 though (bad map vs amazing map). If it's snowy for Messi it's snowy for everyone else in that game too...
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Arntzen wrote:
Messi never spawns in a football match with 5 players against 22 though (bad map vs amazing map). If it's snowy for Messi it's snowy for everyone else in that game too...

Football is played with 22 players not 27. :o
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

This league has given an enourmus amount of interesting matches. 4 Games with allowing draws turned out to be great. It is clearly no ladder cause everyone plays everyone else 2 times and can not just play random people, which makes it way more fair. It also gives people who can not compete for top spot a goal, which is finishing as high as possible, which keeps it interesting until the end, imo.
Its the most interesting "tourny" i witnessed on EE so far: No default wins, no easy brackets no time pressure and easy organization of games via whatsapp. Just look at the amount of games played and i observed a lot of them and there were tons of tough fixtures.

We all aprreicate you organizing tournaments, but before you judge sth be part of it or at least witness it.
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

lightnessking. wrote:
Arntzen wrote:

Football is played with 22 players not 27. :o
You missed the point entirely.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

_DavE_
Advanced Member

Post by _DavE_ »

Arntzen wrote:Messi never spawns in a football match with 5 players against 22 though (bad map vs amazing map). If it's snowy for Messi it's snowy for everyone else in that game too...
LOL

I agree with Gurke, I might be being biased but I think this league has been a huge success, yes it has taken a lot of time but it really doesn't matter. We play the games as and when, and everyone who entered has stayed committed.

Return to “Tournaments”