Neo-EE

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
President Obama
Lobby Username: President Obama

Re: Neo-EE

Post by President Obama »

You should get one, they are quite fun.
This signature is only 17kb. That makes it ftw.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

No, I live in a village surrounded by farm land and a couple of farm houses. And it's definitely not something I would like to own and/or manage...
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus_ »

Okay guys. NeoEE is now close to a Beta version.

The next server update will be drastic:
  • We will delete all existing accounts inside the database.
  • We will upload a new and final NeoEE installer which everybody that wants to play on NeoEE has to download and install.
  • We will activate the server-wide CD-Key mode.
Now on some explainations: We must remove the entries from database because we changed it's design. Exporting and formatting the existing data would be way too much work that I cannot cope with additionally. Sorry for that.

The new and final Installer will exclude the heavy Empire Earth.exe and EE-AOC.exe binaries that are carried inside it at the moment. In replacement, it contains the new NeoEE-Updater:

This updater will be automatically called by Empire Earth when you try to login to the WON Lobby using an outdated version.
Finally, the installer will also install a CD key for EEC and, if needed/installed, AOC as well. Note that the installer will do this just ONCE per computer, there is no way to get another CD key (except you buy one by getting a original CD which are very expensive now). NeoEE will accept original Sierra CD-Keys. Make sure that you have a working internet connection while applying the installer. It will only communicate with neoee.net.

As a consequence, the server will run in CD-Key mode in future. This feature won't exclude any newcomers since they need to install the NeoEE Patch anyway which will always include the CD-Key installing process. We don't want to swing the ban hammer all day; this would be suicide for the online community (like **JT** did once in AOC). But this feature is needed so that everybody knows that we will not accept any cheating on online-servers and that everyone can see that we have the means to stop cheaters effectively with both time bans and in hard cases, perma-bans which will be always a matter of public forum discussions in NeoEE.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

Tissue
Forum Noob

Post by Tissue »

Hey guys, is the server up? I just downloaded the installer and when I try to run Empire Earth now it just say "Empire Earth.exe" has stopped responding. Has anyone successfully gotten this to work on win8?

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

Windows 8 is making troubles. I will inform RealForce on your case, he will help you. Stay tuned to receive a PM here.

snupi
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: ugug

Post by snupi »

hello community,

i am past aoc player and decided to play a game or to in the late evenings, however there are now like noone online at all on the obby and also no games.
then i came upon this thread.

my question:
is this legit? the website looks shabby and fishy and suspicious as hell, the installation mechanics feel wierd etc.
if this ever gets going, is this going to be big with lots of new and old players or will there only be like 20 people online with 15 of them afk and 1 game which you cant join because the host cant host a game?

also where can i sign up.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

1. Yes, NeoEE is legit. I wouldn't have given them their own announcement thread, or a special rank and user color on the forums if this were not legit.

2. Yes, their website doesn't exactly exemplify high-quality modern web design. They don't have anyone who has the time and ability to fix that at the moment, at least that doesn't have better things to do (like continuing to work on NeoEE, which is a bigger priority, don't you think?). Know of anyone with a bit of free time and web design skills they're willing to employ for the good of EE? Let us know.

3. This is currently already up (and perfectly usable to play games through), just not entirely complete. Patch the game from the patch listed on their website, and hop on to check it out. Just remember that the last announcement from Jodocus on this thread said "NeoEE is now close to a Beta version."

4. At the very least, all of the players currently using the Save-EE lobby can be expected to migrate to NeoEE. It's likely that when additional features are completed, that GR players can also be expected to migrate. One of those eventual features will (hopefully) be allowing *everyone* to host without necessarily having to mess around with port forwarding / DMZ. Prior to what is the current splitting of the lobby between the lobby and NeoEE (and the fact that a lot of people are in a bit of a holding pattern, just waiting for NeoEE to be closer to finished for some reason), the lobby almost always had more than 5 active users on, and more than 20 total users on, if that's any consolation ;)

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Will lobby continue to exist just for the lobby itself? (I personally enjoy logging in to the lobby and talking to some people rather than having to alt tab into the game. Also you can leave a message while someone is in a game.)

President Obama

I'm thinking if I get the chance to look at the server side code that the Neo-EE guys are making, I might be able to bullshit my way through and either convert the lobby to adapt to the Neo-EE server, or just make my own client, absolutely no promises.

At the moment I'm having a look at port forwarding with UPNP which is fairly simple, just having problems because everything to do with it is in C# and for some reason it don't like vb.net

President Obama

Omega wrote: the lobby almost always had more than 5 active users on, and more than 20 total users on, if that's any consolation ;)
Calling bullshit. Whenever I'm on, theres like a max of 5 people on, all afk. Quite often theres only 3 including me.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

President Obama wrote:
Omega wrote: the lobby almost always had more than 5 active users on, and more than 20 total users on, if that's any consolation ;)
Calling bullshit. Whenever I'm on, theres like a max of 5 people on, all afk. Quite often theres only 3 including me.
Yea... He should have mentioned that there aren't many people online when australians are awake...

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

Obama, you drastically underestimate the dimension of this system. Instead of dreaming about programming your own client (which you won't be able to do, just for complexity reasons) you may just look for some D3D-Hooks to bring Lobby into Windowed Mode. I found some tool on the internet that it capable to do so, but it crashes every 10 seconds.
Now let me destroy your dreams of programming your own C#-Client for this lobby. Prepare for Cryptography. Much cryptography. Before you even can start thinking on implementing anything. I hope you know ElGamal and Blowfish. You will have to write your own DER-parser for the keys since there is none for C#.
Good luck!

Edit: However, I CAN let my server provide an API that you may use (if I ever program this). But I will only provide an API if I am 100% sure that you will do it. I won't do it for no reason. And if I do, I will do it after NPS. Really no priority.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

(idk if this is possible or something but...) can't you make an external lobby client, which aquires the data (online users/chat data etc) from the EE lobby, and make it able to have this external lobby client send the data to the EE-ingame lobby.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

This is what you call A-P-I.

Return to “Announcements”