Neo-EE

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Re: Neo-EE

Post by herik »

Can some1 make a page of what we have to download, what patches we need. Some form of instructions. thanks

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

Great work. Now all we need is every EE page/website/clansite advertising this. Save-ee needs to keep its server running for some months with a large banner linking to neo-ee. Can't wait for the end of that laggy bs GR.

Great Job to all involved

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Yes herik: www.neoee.net - get their patch.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

President Obama
Lobby Username: President Obama

Post by President Obama »

Guys. You. Are. Making. This. Way. Over. Complicated.

UPnP Port Mapping
NAT-PMP Port Mapping.

That is all you need for to sort out the hosting issues, mainly the first one, the second one, not so much, but both is best. A couple of years ago I did a heap of testing using these methods for port forwarding in EE, once I got it right, it worked 100% of the time, took a lot of stuffing around, and I was pretty shitty at programming at the time. But simply, I was using a bunch of tricks which involved using uTorrent (it has these methods built in) where I would use uTorrent to port forward the EE ports. It was actually the only method that I ever got to work for me, because normally port forwarding the in the router sure as didn't work.

I wrote a massive tutorial on it, in the most noob friendly way possible, took me quite a few hours, then when I hit submit on the forums, it had logged me out and I lost it all (Omega will remember this as I had a heard complain about it lol). I couldn't ever be bothered to write it again, and I never will but I'm saying this is the path you guys want to take, its sooo much easier than screwing around setting up shit like hamatchi. Hamatchi is complicated software its not something you will be easily able to emulate into your patch.

Also a note for anyone wondering, I'm not going onto this new lobby. This is the end for me, I'll spend my final days on the Save-EE lobby.
This signature is only 17kb. That makes it ftw.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

This will require everyone to have uTorrent?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Arntzen wrote:This will require everyone to have uTorrent?
Not specificly, but even if it does, it's only a few MB's... and it's like... very low in memory/cpu usage.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

President Obama

Not what I meant. I was just using uTorrent as an example, its rather hard to do with uTorrents takes a lot of stuffing around. I'm saying they can use the same method as uTorrent. UPnP is not uTorrent only, its a massive thing, all you need to do is work out how its used and implement, which shouldn't be that hard from the quick glance I took at it.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

obama why wouldnt you wanna come on old sierra server it will be so much better when final
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Obama, ýou aren't playing EE anyways....

President Obama

I'm hurt Lightness.

Because at the moment, the lobby opens on startup of my computer and its nice and easy to access. Old EE involves maximising and minimising constantly of a full screen application, plus uses more resources. Also because it uses a terrible resolution it rearranges all my icons on my desktop every time I open it. It just causes problems. For a lobby whore its not an upgrade, its a downgrade.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

President Obama wrote:I'm hurt Lightness.

Because at the moment, the lobby opens on startup of my computer and its nice and easy to access. Old EE involves maximising and minimising constantly of a full screen application, plus uses more resources. Also because it uses a terrible resolution it rearranges all my icons on my desktop every time I open it. It just causes problems. For a lobby whore its not an upgrade, its a downgrade.
I totaly agree with that, I also like to join the lobby just to chat. But my point is, you're not even playing anymore. Can't get hurt over that lol.

And if it rearranges all your icons, then you have a shitty system.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

How is the progress going? Any news? Anything specific you guys need help with?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

President Obama

lightnessking. wrote:

I totaly agree with that, I also like to join the lobby just to chat. But my point is, you're not even playing anymore. Can't get hurt over that lol.

Its because I run at 1920x1080, but ee runs at like 1280x1024, and because I hate stretching I have it so it just has black bars, but then that resizes the desktops and moves the icons around, very annoying. I do play also. Just very very very rarely. ha.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

President Obama wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:

Its because I run at 1920x1080, but ee runs at like 1280x1024, and because I hate stretching I have it so it just has black bars, but then that resizes the desktops and moves the icons around, very annoying. I do play also. Just very very very rarely. ha.
Then explain my why my desktop icons doesn't rearrange, I got the same resolution mate =D.
Windows should "remember" where your icons when using a certain resolution.

RealForce
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: RealForce

Post by RealForce »

President Obama wrote:I'm hurt Lightness.Its because I run at 1920x1080, but ee runs at like 1280x1024, and because I hate stretching I have it so it just has black bars, but then that resizes the desktops and moves the icons around, very annoying. I do play also. Just very very very rarely. ha.
I am using same resolution exactly as yours and I never face your problem at all.
good luck

Return to “Announcements”