Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
inola
Nemesis

Re: Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Post by inola »

xtc wrote:lol inola get ur facts first before acusing, i was doin a 1v1 wit csi, and nemo i think was osbing. and i told csi if i could glitch, cuz i was alreayd dead, it was a gren war. and csi said it was ok. but nemo hated me, cuz he couldnt get me banned from the original serve
The fact of the matter is you got banned for glitching the only one who can confirm your story is you the glitcher why csi would let you get banned for something he allowed I dunno I'm guessing Y'all aren't great friends. :)

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Post by uIwehFx »

inola wrote:
xtc wrote:lol inola get ur facts first before acusing, i was doin a 1v1 wit csi, and nemo i think was osbing. and i told csi if i could glitch, cuz i was alreayd dead, it was a gren war. and csi said it was ok. but nemo hated me, cuz he couldnt get me banned from the original serve
The fact of the matter is you got banned for glitching the only one who can confirm your story is you the glitcher why csi would let you get banned for something he allowed I dunno I'm guessing Y'all aren't great friends. :)
Wanna hear what i guess ?
The storyis made up , fullstop.

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

", it is just a fact that tributing is part of ee and dont tell me ''who cares''
I CARE !"

Just reading thro the post and i can't seem to find anyone who stated they "didn't care".
Are you making this up ? Or is this just more ramblings from a disgruntled Save-ee lobby user ?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member

Post by uIwehFx »

Trichome Indica wrote:", it is just a fact that tributing is part of ee and dont tell me ''who cares''
I CARE !"

Just reading thro the post and i can't seem to find anyone who stated they "didn't care".
Are you making this up ? Or is this just more ramblings from a disgruntled Save-ee lobby user ?
What ? Did you read any discussions in the lobby ? Probably not because there is not too less people who say that they don't care. They just think that it is not important / never used , because they don't use it. So Nope , it is not made up.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

After considerable thought, my humble opinions;
  • I think we've done pretty decent job discouraging and even preventing, cheating. We have a fantastic methodology for detecting/proving/identifying/banning cheaters, and I think the amount of cheating has dropped considerably because of our diligence.
  • I also feel that tribute is often a make-or-break factor during games and it would suck big time to remove it. Wouldn't be the end of the world, but still would suck. We all know the benefits of trib, I don't need to go into them.
  • Def want to keep custom chat disabled, as it is now(not perfect but damned good imo).
Tough choice, but in the end I think I fall off the fence and into the yard of keeping things the way they are right now.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

there are still alot of people using the "start game glitch 1st cits or grens" to keep it hard to detect.. i use tribute alot but i wud concede it for the greater good at least for a temporary basis... im all for a 2 week test..

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member

Post by uIwehFx »

What will this test show us ? We know tribute is going to be deleted, and the test will just show it to us pratically. Theoretically we know whats going to happen already.
All of us know how important tribute is for our self , some use it more , some less, but this doesnt matter, there is people ( many ) using it frequently, and this is all what really counts, if this people would all agree that they could live without it , there wont be a problem. But personally, i would consider Tribute as very important, i consider tribute as part of the game and i consider tribute as strat advantage. Tribute is part of ee, now you guys say that it maybe isnt that important, but all this little things are missing. And save-ee never wanted any intervention in the actually game, all the patches untill now did not bring any change to the game really , apart from the patch which was not accepted by the community.

And now a question, By deleting tribute screen you arent talking about the whole window are you ? I mean we can still open the window to see civ names and players so that you delete the tribute section from the screen , right ? Because otherwise, you know...

-EDIT- : The people who vote for deleting the Tribute screen, do not have to take any disadvantage in the result. But the people who vote for keeping it, actually have to worry about something now. Because who ever voted for deleting it , probably wont really care if it is going to stay. And this is what it makes a bit unfair here
Last edited by uIwehFx on Fri May 28, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

X warrior411 wrote:I like the idea of disabling the tribute screen for a week, and see the results...
Lol ya, and also watch all the habitual glitchers whine and squirm.
:thumbsupl: Cant wait. Hope it happens.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member

Post by uIwehFx »

Trichome Indica wrote:
X warrior411 wrote:I like the idea of disabling the tribute screen for a week, and see the results...
Lol ya, and also watch all the habitual glitchers whine and squirm.
:thumbsupl: Cant wait. Hope it happens.
Guess what , the people still use Trainer s, all whats going to happen in my oppinion is that glitcher swap over to trainer users ^^, sooo ahh yaa...

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

A week is way too long I say do it on a weekend Friday night till Sunday night. If that goes well then go for the week.

Jen
Basic Member

Post by Jen »

i voted for tributes to be taken out. its not ideal but if its the only way... id prefer not to have tributes than to have someone cheating in my game.

h0llygh0st
Basic Member
Lobby Username: [Apathy]_h0llygh0st™

Post by h0llygh0st »

First of all I'd prefer that you didn't bash Juan in this thread. Thats not the topic of this thread and this topic should be taken seriously. If you wish to bash him make your own thread, if you question the fact that me and Juan together haven't been beaten yet feel free to PM us in the lobby when we're on.

Than on the question at hand.

Taking away the tributing screen, how are you going to do this? Give us a new patch? Than I'm sure almost all PRE players will not download this patch. Tributing is essential in long teamgames such as PRE games often are.

I for one am all for stopping glitching but taking away the tribute screen basically changes the whole game and not the glitching...
I'm all for a test of a week or so, but if you take it away forever there will be consequences.
Music Made Addict, Music is the New Religion.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I hate mass tribute spamming someone that to me is not a good game or teamwork that is one player carrying another, a gimmick rush, or 3 pushing another in pre2 it is stupid imo and should never have a chance to decide a game that is not "teamwork" that of course is my opinion, and some what off topic.

I voted don't do anything or leave it how it is I can't remember. It is quite easy to tell if someone is cheating, and not hard at all to look at the stats for about 5-10 minutes to find out if it true or false on cheating. The only real problem with catching cheaters is after about 30-40f11 where it becomes impossible to track stats almost, and the only way to catch that cheating is if they are really really stupid, and the only way to prevent that is full out deletion of the tribute screen, but I'd rather deal with that than see a portion of the community pissed off because they can't tribute their dead ally, or that guy in copper can't feed the guy in indy food oh and no more prophet rushes good lord how would average pre players actually kill someone sometimes.

As for custom chat if you choose to leave the tribute screen in. I'd like to see custom chat back because all you have to do if you suspect it is type "asus drivers or my name is methos" and voila you have caught him. Been a while since I seen one in action, but I believe the only way it properly works online is if you are the host and enable it correct?

No test period let this poll decide and go forth with it isn't that the point of having a poll, if you wanted to test what it is like without it. It would of made a lot more sense to do that then have this poll so people could have both sides of the coin viewpoints, but that isn't the case, so don't make a stupid test period thanks.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member

Post by uIwehFx »

But this ''TEST'' means we have to DL a Patch for just a weekend again , after that Patch to get rid of the Patch ?! , That will end in chaos.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

It's really easy to add the latest patch and remove it (protip: patch tab).

Also trying it for 2-7 days seems to be the safest option, since they can re-add the trib screen or make the change permanent, depending on how well the outcome is. It's like a 'Try it before you buy it' thing.

Return to “Announcements”