Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Re: Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Post by Sexacutioner »

i dont like any maps with water in them because there is so much food on the map it dont matter how much you kill someone they can still boom with no problem at all, ive ran and killed 80-100 cits with single raids 2-3 times in one game because of how much food is on the map

i usually never even touch hunt till around 40f11

but my post arent really for experienced players, but the semi noob - noob ones who do need a little help every game because they still dont have a grasp of play, maybe no tribute will make them better or maybe they will start being kicked from games and just end up leaving all together, if theres enough for a test then we test everything but when the vote comes out im not sure if a 60% is high enough for change possibly 70 - 75% for final judgement

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

h0llygh0st wrote:Ghost I would appreciate it if you keep your BS's opinion out of the poll if you make it. Calling the way we have it now 'Vanilla' Really shows us that it is infact your views and opinions on things that your trying to feed us. That pisses me off even more than the deletion of the tribute screen.
You're retarded. Why are you retarded? You didn't bother to read and understand the poll, because it does not ever, anywhere, call the current anti-cheating measures vanilla.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

h0llygh0st wrote:Ghost I would appreciate it if you keep your BS's opinion out of the poll if you make it. Calling the way we have it now 'Vanilla' Really shows us that it is infact your views and opinions on things that your trying to feed us. That pisses me off even more than the deletion of the tribute screen.
I NEVER said that I think the way we have it now is considered vanilla. I am truly proposing that if we do not use a patch that takes away the tribute screen, then we should not use a patch and return to a simple EE v2.00.3466, the version number when only the two official Sierra updates are installed.

The fact that you even thought I was stupid enough to believe our current state is vanilla pisses me off more than anything else in this topic and I honestly can't consider any of your argument until you acknowledge how utterly ignorant and arrogant your quoted statement is.

I really would love to consider your opinion because I know you're a skilled player and I've known that for years, but if you're going to take me to be a fool then I will return the favor.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

h0llygh0st
Basic Member
Lobby Username: [Apathy]_h0llygh0st™

Post by h0llygh0st »

Ghost wrote:1. I program a simple polling system for the lobby so we don't have problems with people voting over and over or people not voting at all.
2. Based on the results of this poll, do another one with the yes or no question: Are you willing to try out the No Tribute Screen patch for at least a few days?
3. If "Yes" prevails, test the patch and on the beginning of the third day start another poll: Choose one: a) Make No Tribute Screen Patch permanent, b) Keep testing for the remainder of the week and vote again, c) Return to vanilla
4. After a 2 days of voting, do whatever has the majority (repeat #3, #4 if answer b wins)
The above is what you propose to do. In which you suggest we return to Vanilla which is to you obviously the inferior option.

When your running a community you should always try and remain neutral towards changes that affect us all. But thats just my opinion after being part of a moderation team which is about a 100 times bigger than this one.

Calling me ignorant and arrogant while taking what I said out of context is just flaming, and I'm more experienced in that than you would think. I'll talk more tonight or Wednesday when I got time since I got school now and exams soon.
Music Made Addict, Music is the New Religion.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

h0llygh0st wrote: 3. If "Yes" prevails, test the patch and on the beginning of the third day start another poll: Choose one: a) Make No Tribute Screen Patch permanent, b) Keep testing for the remainder of the week and vote again, c) Return to vanilla
I think the confusion is because ghost(you) didn't include the current version as an option. :!:

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I think Ghost is allowed and opinion he plays the game like anyone else why can't he have a choice in what he thinks would be better. This isn't a large game we have so little opinions we should value them all.

Okay Holly if you read the post before yours he explained exactly what you wanted to know either you did not understand it, or you chose to just skim through it caught the nasty words directed at you. Creating what you called taking words out of context and flaming pointlessly or something like that.

I don't see any bias at all in your quoting of Ghost, and me Ghost aren't BFF we just tolerate each other, so trust me if Ghost was being a douchebag I would be calling him a fish head maggot.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

h0llygh0st wrote:In which you suggest we return to Vanilla which is to you obviously the inferior option.
The inferior option compared to what? I think vanilla would be better than the patches we currently have since it would be less confusing for newcomers; and why use them when they prevent nothing? In comparison to a No Tribute Screen patch, I think in some ways that vanilla would indeed be the inferior option. Why would I be arguing for the removal of the screen if I didn't think it was better?
h0llygh0st wrote:taking what I said out of context
Please elaborate. I took exactly what you said word for word with the only meaning it could have and I stated my counter-argument. Let me break it down for you:
h0llygh0st wrote:Calling the way we have it now 'Vanilla' ...
You obviously implied that I called the current patches "vanilla." More specifics if you want them:
1) "way we have it now" is by definition "Omega's Patches EE 2.1d/AoC 1.1d"
2) "vanilla" in our case means "EE v2.00.3466/AoC v1.00.2799"
3) Do not make me elaborate on your use of the word "calling"
h0llygh0st wrote:... Really shows us that it is infact your views and opinions on things that your trying to feed us.
You accuse me of feeding you and others false information, since previously stated numbers "1)" and "2)" are not the same.

Do not try to turn any sort of tide against me as a person, because it will make you look foolish. I am allowed to offer my opinion, just as you are allowed to have yours, but when you try to nullify my opinion by spatting out total bullshit then it just makes you look bad and maybe even less credible.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

current patch makes it quite hard to get away with using trainer so i wud not like thatt o be removed

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

I'm all for removing any form of glitching but not at the cost of the tribute screen! Since there is no other way, let's keep it as is.

h0llygh0st
Basic Member
Lobby Username: [Apathy]_h0llygh0st™

Post by h0llygh0st »

Seems like I may have misunderstood you Ghost. But whatever I agree with Texas Ranger here.
Texas Ranger wrote:I'm all for removing any form of glitching but not at the cost of the tribute screen! Since there is no other way, let's keep it as is.
Music Made Addict, Music is the New Religion.

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Post by uIwehFx »

Result ?

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

uIwehFx wrote:Result ?
Will be posted when I finish removing all the votes from faggots who tried to manipulate it.

DJay

Post by DJay »

Omega wrote: 5. Why is your ally rebuilding? Oh that's right, you let them get pwned. In almost all cases, when someone "needs" to rebuild it's due to poor play on the part of themselves, their team, or both. It's very rarely due to excellent play from the other team, which is, IMHO sad. Maybe if tributes are gone, that will change.
If you do it the right way you can harm the enemy hard if you let 1 player die.
Eva thought about that?

DJay

Post by DJay »

Ghost wrote:I NEVER said that I think the way we have it now is considered vanilla. I am truly proposing that if we do not use a patch that takes away the tribute screen, then we should not use a patch and return to a simple EE v2.00.3466, the version number when only the two official Sierra updates are installed.
i don't think people want to remove the tribute screen so we could back to vanilla?

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

OwnageDJ wrote:
Ghost wrote:I NEVER said that I think the way we have it now is considered vanilla. I am truly proposing that if we do not use a patch that takes away the tribute screen, then we should not use a patch and return to a simple EE v2.00.3466, the version number when only the two official Sierra updates are installed.
i don't think people want to remove the tribute screen so we could back to vanilla?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i like the other random units and fixes that were needed since the game came out

Return to “Announcements”