Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
Moo
Spam4food

Re: Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Post by Moo »

I'm not really supposed to post but this does make an execption, I'm getting of faggots in the lobby complaining that the pacth is gay, fucked up, useless etc.. Whats funny is a lot of them seem to be the ones that were muted or banned before. What I want to state is Any scenario that requires Tributes and/or ally/unally button can be fixed. X Warrior is working on Euro right now, so I don't want to see even more bicthing that the lobby makes European Roleplay unplayable (IMHO I think it's a horrible game to play.) What I also see is that everyone who says Mid/Pre is unplayable now because of trubuting are usaully not oe of the people who are experts at them for example I use Taco and Sexa, they don't seem to mind much
Sexacutioner wrote:
OwnageDJ wrote:i used the patch an i have to say that it's b*** s***.
Nothing against you omega but removing trib screen wasnt the right decision.
I know it's a test, but i dont really like it

*) I don't see who i play with when i am ingame.
*) I don't see civ names (Liga etc)
*) RP Wont work with it
*) Pre Players can't trib each other to advance
*) If you don't have 100 wood left for rebuilding your fucked
*) 2v2 or more, teamgame wont be good
*) 4v4 mid sh or something like that you can't work together and send one guy to make a anti coli etc.
you dont see who you play with? <--- is this really one of your arguments when youve sat in the staging area for 20 min lol
in liga you should already know what your gonna do before you even join the game
in pre it may be a prob due to the lack of skill of players now days
if your rebuilding 90% of the time your already fucked
team games are yet to be seen
what is an anti coli lol

this is a test which is what the community wanted, so instead of playing 1 or 2 games then judging, you should wait at least 2 days of full playing to present a valid argument rather than just posting assumptions
Taco made a post in another thread saying he likes the pacthes, I do consider DJ is very skilled at Mid SH on AOC, but DJ I think you just hate Omega. Just stop hating the pacth, cheating stopped Mech warrior is now playable and games can not have any doubts that the another player is cheating.

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

I'm mid player and I think deleting the tribut screen to prevent glitching isn't it worth.
Moreover, it destroys every intelligent liga game, due to not knowing the enemys civi.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

LacRimoSa wrote:I'm mid player and I think deleting the tribut screen to prevent glitching isn't it worth.
Moreover, it destroys every intelligent liga game, due to not knowing the enemys civi.
I think it'll make some interesting gameplay, trying to out-think what your opponent's civ will be...

Or just scout.

LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

well.. play liga and you'll understand what I mean.

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

So you'll actually have to use more skills in liga now instead of trying to win by looking at what civ the other players are using and combating that.
I don't see Skulls on this bitch crying about it :thumbsdown:

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

As an almost exclusive mid sh player I will never support the change to get rid of tributes. I mostly do 2v2 with Shanghai, and our strats are heavily dependent upon tributing, not only the 80 gold/iron switch at the start, but also throughout the game.

Although I don't care as much for 4v4 (still talking mid sh), one of the highlights of this sett are that when an ally dies, they can run with only a few cits and be able to rebuild in an ally's base thanks to tributes received. Sometimes this prolongs the game in a fun way as the enemy must destroy the combined base before they can rebuild, and some spectacular comebacks have been known to happen. Again, this is not possible with tributes.

It's also annoying for me personally because I make an effort to remember people's civ names so I know what they're going before the first encounter!

ben55

Post by ben55 »

This has zero I mean zero none nada zilch meaning in liga. This has probably the least amount of impact in liga since you scout early and often anyways. Stop overreacting I never look at people's civs and I do perfectly fine. Stop playing that card because you actually have to look at what your dog is scouting instead of drooling on your keyboard watching your citizen wait as it pulls a hippo.

80 gold and 80 iron tribute isn't even relevent and if you use that in argument you are very very ignorant on the topic. Tributing mid game is different, and yeah it is nice of your teammate to give you some wood for a farm to help you out on your boom, or maybe replace a raxx, but hey maybe if you and your teammate play better your barracks wouldn't of died in the first place. You are one of the tournament people correct? Well in every competitive RTS there are no tributes in trounaments and ladder play because it dumbs down the game. I for one agree with that, and I would say a large majority of people do as well since they are making a ton of money.

Reading people's civs to know what they are doing all I can do is laugh at you for that lol.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

looks like u never played liga wing in ww1. Spain - France - Italy.
Moreover, the rebuilt thing is probably no matter in mid sh, but in liga it is. I lost and won many liga games due to tribut. And now don't say the other team can't tribut either. Because this is actually the most stupid argument I heard for pro patch.

Anyway, let's wait for the final poll.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Wing in WW1 well you are about 2 feet from each other you are gathering wood for what 2f11 your dog has plenty of time to find hippo and scout them before you decide settlements? Even then Great Britain/France/Spain/Kingdom of Italy you are doing infantry anyways either gold or iron, and if you don't scout too see which your stupid, and if on wing and realize someone is tanks @6f11 that is your own dumb fault, not because lawl I didn't look @ tribute screen and see your civ. The only ages that I think it would be a problem would be 1v1 Renn-Indy, but even then it is very minor.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I've tryed the new patch now in the sets I mostly play which is mid (eec/aoc) and p2s. And I think that not haveing trib screen actually makes those to sets more fun and more difficult. More teamplay is needed for success.
I consider my self a decent player (meaning a player that 90% of the time can hold/not die, know how to cit micro and how to help allies). But it makes it much harder for a newer player, and I can take my little brother for an example.
He obviously can become great after a while playing and earning experience, but in normal mid games this days he needs tribs to be able to get enough army/eco to survive or/and help his team.
IMO I mean that no trib screen is makeing it even harder for newer players to get into this commutity and not be kicked from every game. So ye, some players need to be carryed by others in the start.
I know I was in the beginning, and I believe that's one of the reasons I got better and one of the reasons that I'm still playing this game.

Conclusion: My opinion is that no tribute screen is makeing the game better and more fun for older players, but we (as old players) imo have to be nicer to the new players cuz I'm afraid they'll get it to hard now. "Known only"-games in in lobby is the sadest thing ever, especially when I see some players constantly haveing those 2 words in their game title.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

DJay

Post by DJay »

Recently i played a Mod Warrior and i missed the ability to check who left the game and who was still in it.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

OwnageDJ wrote:Recently i played a Mod Warrior and i missed the ability to check who left the game and who was still in it.
Then ask ingame if they're still here.

BLUE: Who is still here?
RED and GREEN: Here
YELLOW and CYAN: Here
PURPLE doesn't say anything for the past five minutes.

There you go...

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

OwnageDJ wrote:Recently i played a Mod Warrior and i missed the ability to check who left the game and who was still in it.
Same, played a couple games last week and kept hitting people who had left already.

Return to “Announcements”