Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Post by Omega »

There's a poll on anti-cheating measures in the next series of patches currently up. If you have not yet voted in it, please do so by going to save-ee.com/vote.php and answering all of the questions!

A few people have had trouble with the poll, due to attempts at using woefully outdated versions of Internet Explorer to complete it. If this happens, please make sure you're using the latest version of Internet Explorer, or try another, better browser like Mozilla Firefox.

xtc
Forum Noob

Re: Poll on Anti-cheating measures (Make sure you vote!)

Post by xtc »

Hey i think that there would be another way than taking away the tribute window.
Q:why?
A:because then team games wouldn't be much of a team game anymore, because if someone is dying, and the only thing we would be able to do is to protect them, without tributes, it will be alot harder to help other team mates.

Q:but if they don't take trib window away, ppl will keep glitching
A:arent this guys super smart ? havent they create a lobby for all of us to keep playing?, havent they made lots of patches ? havent they coded the game and takin units out and powers (liga) and so on ?, why would it be the only way to stop glitching, taking trib window away?.

think about it. yo dog XtC :twisted:

and yes, i answer wit another question lol

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

xtc wrote:Hey i think that there would be another way than taking away the tribute window.
Q:why?
A:because then team games wouldn't be much of a team game anymore, because if someone is dying, and the only thing we would be able to do is to protect them, without tributes, it will be alot harder to help other team mates.
<3 logical fallacies. The appeal to consequences is always a "good" one...

Seriously, you're arguing that there is another way because the one way presented has consequences you don't like. It's like arguing you can burn gasoline without getting carbon dioxide as a byproduct of the combustion, because carbon dioxide is bad! It just doesn't work. Ever. Because no matter what you do, or what fallacious argument you make, the reality of the situation is still unchanged.

It's a fact that the only way to actually eliminate the resource glitch is to take away the tribute window. Should you wish to talk theorycraft instead of reality, there are of course other theoretical possibilities, but they're all as likely as a pink unicorn named Bob that farts butterflies and candy living in your closet, so there's really no point in discussing them.
xtc wrote:Q:but if they don't take trib window away, ppl will keep glitching
A:arent this guys super smart ? havent they create a lobby for all of us to keep playing?, havent they made lots of patches ? havent they coded the game and takin units out and powers (liga) and so on ?, why would it be the only way to stop glitching, taking trib window away?.
This basically the same appeal to consequences, mixed with other fallacies, and stated as a question.

I can answer your question, though! The reason it would be that way is because that's what the facts are! I know, reality is a bitch.
xtc wrote:think about it. yo dog XtC :twisted:
Excellent idea!

Seam
Basic Member
Lobby Username: Seam

Post by Seam »

Ignore what I said. I was informed that unit glitches are a lot different than in SC, and they do, infact, break the game without taking any amount of skill to use.
Last edited by Seam on Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

XTC your opinion really isn't valued seeing as we all know your a fan of the tribute screen if you know what I mean lol

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

inola wrote:XTC your opinion really isn't valued seeing as we all know your a fan of the tribute screen if you know what I mean lol
actually it was mostly trainer stuff he was involved with O_O

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

Sexacutioner wrote:
inola wrote:XTC your opinion really isn't valued seeing as we all know your a fan of the tribute screen if you know what I mean lol
actually it was mostly trainer stuff he was involved with O_O
Actually his first ban was for resource glitching. Is he your friend? :twisted:

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

lol no

Absolutely
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: GoG_AbsoLuteLy

Post by Absolutely »

imo removing the tribute screen to prevent people from ressource glitching is acceptable..

But I have another idea :

As far as I know ressource glitch only works if they can set ressources back to zero.
My idea is deleting the function to reset ressources to zero if they had select an amount to tribute.

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

I am realy curious to see how many of those players who are allways so tough to beat might just become "average" should the tribute screen be disabled. At least if someone looses a game , they will know for sure it was on a level playing field, not by some sad fool doing that which they were so accustomed to over the years. Disable the Tribute screen for a test please, then I can maybe win a few games, or maybe not. Time will tell.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Post by uIwehFx »

Deleting the Tribute screen will moraly not be possbile for the community , to many people argue about this already. This is going to far anyway , this really now is a intervention into EE, I use the Tribute screen to often , many people do , basically every mid sh game starts with tributing , it is just a fact that tributing is part of ee and dont tell me ''who cares''
I CARE !

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

One cares. But thats exactly what the poll is about so go out there and vote!
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

xtc
Forum Noob

Post by xtc »

lol inola get ur facts first before acusing, i was doin a 1v1 wit csi, and nemo i think was osbing. and i told csi if i could glitch, cuz i was alreayd dead, it was a gren war. and csi said it was ok. but nemo hated me, cuz he couldnt get me banned from the original server, and reported the game when i glitched against csi lol...so ye...and i dont know how ppl still glitch cuz we cant canel the resources anymore :D haha. but now that i think about it. it would be better if its removed, since i dont rly play team games, cept wit holyghost. unbetable so far (2v2's) and the only thing we trade is godl n iron at the start. i think it would make the game more self-dependent, more than helpin others :D. which i have aphaty towards all of you :D. so idc, i rather do 1v1's :D
so ye, take it away !!!

----Edited---- some ppl say that takin away the trib windows will make some ppl quit, but ppl havent quit even wit alll the patches this ppl have made, why? i gues cuz they like the game too much.

uIwehFx
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: uIwehFx

Post by uIwehFx »

xtc wrote:lol inola get ur facts first before acusing, i was doin a 1v1 wit csi, and nemo i think was osbing. and i told csi if i could glitch, cuz i was alreayd dead, it was a gren war. and csi said it was ok. but nemo hated me, cuz he couldnt get me banned from the original server, and reported the game when i glitched against csi lol...so ye...and i dont know how ppl still glitch cuz we cant canel the resources anymore :D haha. but now that i think about it. it would be better if its removed, since i dont rly play team games, cept wit holyghost. unbetable so far (2v2's) and the only thing we trade is godl n iron at the start. i think it would make the game more self-dependent, more than helpin others :D. which i have aphaty towards all of you :D. so idc, i rather do 1v1's :D
so ye, take it away !!!

----Edited---- some ppl say that takin away the trib windows will make some ppl quit, but ppl havent quit even wit alll the patches this ppl have made, why? i gues cuz they like the game too much.
HaHa, and i am laughing. Especially at your Edited post, you said something you had no idea off. You dont know whats going on , do you ? New people come to the lobby , and have got set up problems because the patches do not work properly, even if they, it takes time to understand what to do and to install all the patches. I helped several people to set up , which were gone after 10 mins because they got fed up with this thing. You come to the lobby , expecting to join some games have some fun , and have to deal with all the problems which are coming up.
Btw , unbeatbale in Mid only ? UiUi, mama !
And right pelie , thats what the poll is about, but still I leave my comment here to tell you why i would vote for what i would vote for.

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

I like the idea of disabling the tribute screen for a week, and see the results...

Return to “Announcements”