I've got some time to spare during the COVID-19 pandemic, so there's no better time to update the website.
We were running a version of phpBB from 2012 or something like that, and an old version of PHP that our hosting started charging us extra for. First and foremost I'll be fixing those. The longer we go without updates, the harder it gets to actually do the updates.
Unfortunately, the updates break some of our customization:
- The home page and all other content-only pages were custom-built by me some time ago. It's nowhere near compatible with the latest versions of phpBB, so those will be temporarily unavailable. I'll bring the content back somehow, but I'm not sure how yet.
- The forum style isn't available for the latest phpBB versions, so we'll use the default until I setup a suitable replacement.
- http://neoee.net -- It's not powered by phpBB, so it's unaffected. You can still download the NeoEE patch there.
- All standard forum functionality.
- The extension for the Downloads section seems to have been well-supported over the years, so we still have all other downloads (official patches, civs, scenarios, etc.).
You may have also seen an bunch of spam in the past few months. We get hit pretty heavily from time to time and have to adjust our anti-spam strategy. Currently, we're using reCAPTCHA v2, which appears to have been broken by some bots, even when it's at the strongest setting. For now, it's still controllable without any changes. The next version of phpBB will support reCAPTCHA v3, so I hope to enable that once it's available. Until then, I apologize if your account with 0 posts got deleted.