Upcomming 2.0.0.5 patch

Staff will post any new announcements in this forum, which can be discussed by other users.
RenWretched
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: RenWretched

Re: Upcomming 2.0.0.5 patch

Post by RenWretched »

Jodocus wrote:Small update: all the promised features will definitely do it into the next patch (including high resolution lobby). We are close to completion, now it's up to testing. I would estimate that we can release it somewhen next week.
Really elated for the update!! Keep us updated on the progress! If you ever need anything, the community will always be here to help wherever we can!

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Hi!

These are the changes for the upcomming NeoEE patch (EEC/2.0.0.5 and AOC/1.0.0.2). No more surprises, I know, but I think it's complete now.
  • Game changes
    • Additional resource options: Unlimited and None
    • Additional game variants: Hyperion, Deathmatch and Medium. A detailed description about them will follow.
    • Maps from Omega patch are now officially supported.
    • A translation bug has been fixed showing sometimes the wrong map types to other players.
    • A bug of EE that allowed players to crash the EEC and AOC process of each other player in a multiplayer session got fixed (Gate crash).
    • The lobby now creates a notification whenever a whisper message got received, also when tabbed out.
    • The main menu and lobby are now displayed in the user's default resolution.
  • The CD-Key implementation got improved.
  • Many AOC languages are now supported within the installer.
  • RIP hosting:
    • A new more instructive UI is now shown during initialization instead of just a freezing interface. Furthermore, it should not infinitely freeze any longer in case there appears an error.
    • HostPingRIP.txt has been removed/replaced by NeoEE.cfg. Due to auto portforward-detection, changing any additional options when forwarding game ports shouldn't be necessary any more.
    • An UPnP port forwarding implementation got added (for all compatible routers/modems that support it).
    • In some cases, the host/game captain can now be transferred even if he has to rely on RIP hosting.
    • AOC now supports RIP hosting.
An installer for the test server will be offered later today or tomorrow.

RenWretched
Forum Noob

Post by RenWretched »

Jodocus wrote:Hi!

These are the changes for the upcomming NeoEE patch (EEC/2.0.0.5 and AOC/1.0.0.2). No more surprises, I know, but I think it's complete now.
  • Game changes
    • Additional game variants: Hyperion, Deathmatch and Medium. A detailed description about them will follow.
    • A translation bug has been fixed showing sometimes the wrong map types to other players.
    • A bug of EE that allowed players to crash the EEC and AOC process of each other player in a multiplayer session got fixed (Gate crash).
    • The lobby now creates a notification whenever a whisper message got received, also when tabbed out.
  • RIP hosting:
    • A new more instructive UI is now shown during initialization instead of just a freezing interface. Furthermore, it should not infinitely freeze any longer in case there appears an error.
    • HostPingRIP.txt has been removed/replaced by NeoEE.cfg. Due to auto portforward-detection, changing any additional options when forwarding game ports shouldn't be necessary any more.
    • An UPnP port forwarding implementation got added (for all compatible routers/modems that support it).
    • In some cases, the host/game captain can now be transferred even if he has to rely on RIP hosting.
Wow. How do we access the test server?

Aizen
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ll/Wolfy

Post by Aizen »

RenWretched wrote:
Jodocus wrote:Hi!

• Game changes
  • RIP hosting:
Wow. How do we access the test server?

only certain people got access to the Test server i think.
-NeW-: wolfy = ts anarchy
-NeW-: 0-4
--------------------------------------
"won him again 0-3"
-NeW- whispers to you: omg i ignored you u only talk bull shit fuck kiddy havent nothing need money about your parents fuck nerd son of the bitc*

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Jodocus wrote: [*]AOC now supports RIP hosting.[/list][/list]
You are a saint, Jodocus.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

RenWretched wrote:Wow. How do we access the test server?
You need to download the NeoEE Test Patch. If you want to, I can PM a link to you.
Everybody who is able to locate their EE folders and open *.cfg files with Notepad and who knows what "Registry/regedit" means can test it. The more testers we get, the sooner we can release and the more robust the patch is.

Danger
Basic Member

Post by Danger »

I currently crash whenever I try to host and get a Microsoft C++ error. This will be fixed once the patch is released? I'm just curious if theres a problem on my end I need to fix or the current patch is glitchy. Got a blue screen of death when my game froze/crashed and I tried to end process via task manager.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

A bluescreen? Are you sure your hardware is okay? I'd be really surprised if anything connected to NeoEE can cause something like that as this is clearly a kernel mode issue.
Does this crash happen always? Or only with certain people? Does this crash also appear when you go Single Player --> Random Map? Do you have a special antivirus program active? Does the crash still happen when you completely disabled it?

RenWretched
Forum Noob

Post by RenWretched »

Jodocus wrote:You need to download the NeoEE Test Patch. If you want to, I can PM a link to you.
Everybody who is able to locate their EE folders and open *.cfg files with Notepad and who knows what "Registry/regedit" means can test it. The more testers we get, the sooner we can release and the more robust the patch is.
I will be delighted to test the patch! Testing (for bugs) is always a bittersweet process, hahaha.

Danger
Basic Member

Post by Danger »

Jodocus wrote:A bluescreen? Are you sure your hardware is okay? I'd be really surprised if anything connected to NeoEE can cause something like that as this is clearly a kernel mode issue.
Does this crash happen always? Or only with certain people? Does this crash also appear when you go Single Player --> Random Map? Do you have a special antivirus program active? Does the crash still happen when you completely disabled it?
Not really worried about the blue screen.

I have microsoft security essentials and I never had a problem hosting people until recently. Game will freeze and i will have to alt tab it or i will get a microsoft c++ error dialogue.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

Everybody who likes to download a prototype installer version (English only) of the upcomming patch can do it by now. It would be a great help if some people could test it. Because RealForce will be on a long journey for the next one and a half weeks, we must delay the patch release a bit - sorry for that.

However, if you are considering to install it, please mind the following points:
  • Create a copy of your current EE folder and install the patch onto it (using the Custom mode), otherwise your current EE version will be overwritten.
  • Make sure that you got a working internet connection during installation. Also make sure that your antivirus software allows the installer to perform, if necessary.
  • The shortcuts the installer creates are important. Only by starting EE (or AOC) using those, the game menu and lobby will be rendered in higher resolution.
  • If you see any problems/bugs with patch or during installation, immediately take a screenshot and let me please know about it.
  • If anything goes wrong, like CDKey installation, re-run the installer and select the corresponding repair options.
  • Note that after the installation, the game will connect to the NeoEE test server instead of the real one. It's not guaranteed that this server is always online - actually, it will be only available during this test phase.

Reda pureskill
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Reda pureskill | or | Avast

Post by Reda pureskill »

nice , sure we'll do

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

you telling me AoC can host again, and the WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW crashing is gone?
mhm?!?

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

tool wrote:you telling me AoC can host again, and the WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW crashing is gone?
Well, what I mean is what I wrote, no more, no less. But for clarification: there is no AOC that can "host" again. Players can host games in AOC. And they always could if they forward their ports. People tend to forget that RIP-hosting was introduced with a NeoEE patch. First for EEC, now for AOC as well.

SwiftBlizz
Lurker
Lobby Username: SwiftBlizz

Post by SwiftBlizz »

Hello Jodocus.
I think you'll want to take a look at this Windows 10 feature: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2953978/ ... setup.html

You see, I like to play games on my TV screen. And it has the screen scale at 150%.
When that is active, NeoEE will think that the resolution is a lot smaller than it really is.
Without using HIGHDPIAWARE on Empire Earth.exe in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
the cursor disappears of the bottom of the screen and is uncontrolable.
With the use of HIGHDPIAWARE, your game menu will draw in the top left of the screen at the lower resolution; leaving the rest of the screen black.

Return to “Announcements”