Great project for empire earth: the art of the conquest

No lobby feature requests. What do you think of the website? Have ideas for community events or a new service we can provide? Let us know here. Constructive criticism only please.
Darko
Basic Member

Great project for empire earth: the art of the conquest

Post by Darko »

Good night I am Spanish, I have seen this great community I congratulate and you by the great work that haceis, by labor reasons I cannot play much, but I from time to time happen to me to read the forum and this game enchants so I have been making a patch adding new technologies, units to me, graphs, buildings and

I have sent him an email to realforce because he is a great one fan of empire and worker for if it wants to collaborate with my project.
And I call to you in case also quereis, would be a very many remodeling of empire earth with more units, more ages, civilizations, powers, sounds, textures, of everything so that the game this far better. At the moment I have managed to add to the command unit, Roman legionary, centurion, immortal Persian, new elephant in the average age, missile base in the modern one, scorpion, the Trojan horse, the pyramid of keops, etc.

And toi would like to continue enlarging things, serious something totally gratuitous to improve the game and who wanted could collaborate, I am Spanish to pardon by my English evil, so if you want we can speak and to raise I have it very many ideas that to carry out and podria to set out more.

I have been compiling resources from maps to graphs of all the authors of mods of empire earth and have made own, I hope not to bother but to the being as much people have not given time me to request permission to include it in mod who I want to do, if to somebody she bothers to him that she has taken something his only must say it will clear and it.

Here I put a pair of images so that veias that is in a random game of the game:

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: Great project for empire earth: the art of the conquest

Post by Captain Nemo »

How much to u know about empire earth, in order to add new balanced units? I wouldn't trust realforce to do it, although he has done some decent work with the alpha patch, but his knowledge in all ages isn't quite good enough to make the call on new units imo.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Darko
Basic Member

Post by Darko »

Good night, because he is quite simple, I know to add units, to modify his statistics, to change textures and some things more, as I explain to you is easy to do but it is necessary to work much.

If you interests to you I can explain the most thorough project to be helping and doing it and if also you know friendly that would interest díselos to him that also can collaborate.

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

sorry, ee doesn't need more units, its a great game as it is and the only thing that it needs as far as past opinions is tributing back

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

simple_faith wrote:sorry, ee doesn't need more units, its a great game as it is and the only thing that it needs as far as past opinions is tributing back
hahaha u are so right, but grrrrrrrr, give swords more attack Points on fu.k knights .,)

Prost!!

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Two things:

1. The concern with adding new units, or altering existing ones isn't whether or not you can do it. It's doing it in a manner that is balanced. Making balance changes to a game is hard, and requires a good deal of knowledge to even get the balance change partially accurate. After that, it requires many successive rounds of testing, in the scenario editor, in staged situations versus real humans, and in real games with people trying to abuse the crap out of whatever you added/changed.

Also, making very basic edits to units isn't all that difficult, things like adding to the game when they've already got a building they're supposed to produce at, changing their armor values, attack values, or hit points values. If you want to properly balance things however, you need to consider the full range of unit variables, the function of the unit in the game, how the combination of unit variables interact with each other, and how other units/attributes work comparatively. You even need to account for things such as attack animation duration.

As a very basic example, because ralf mentioned it, how about increasing the attack on swords. Easy enough, make the number bigger! Except, doing so will alter the value per cost of swords, and alter their utility in a variety of scenarios. Important breakpoints will be reached sooner in certain instances, such as the one less hit to kill citizens breakpoint, or the less hits to kill ballistas breakpoint, etc... Upgrading attack also makes the option of upgrading other things instead of 2x attack more valuable, since as mentioned you'll be hitting breakpoints sooner, etc. You can easily end up with a situation where swords are even better against certain things this way, for example by upgrading attack enough that swords deal the same or more damage per swing with 1 attack upgrade, allowing easy double upgrading of speed or something--which can be especially game-changing if your opponent is retreating, because in addition to being able to score a higher damage per second due to faster travel, you'll also be condensing the damage into spikier packets.

That's just the consolidations if you're ONLY altering attack. You probably can't end up with a balanced attack boost on swords without some kind of comparative tradeoff to swords, or an in-kind buff to another unit or set of units. An in-kind buff is very complicated to consider, because instead of just altering swords we're altering other units in addition, which can lead to a whole host of potential imbalances occurring. So let's say we just mess with the other sword attributes. We could give them less health as a tradeoff to that extra attack, but that would significantly change their role in the game, and change the entire range of strategies that swords can play--shifting it away from a fairly middle position (near the origin, if we're graphing this on an xyz plane let's say) on three axes between hardcore aggression, strategic aggression, and cannon-fodder / spam... You're making them bad at being cannon-fodder / spam, which will change their use considerably, and because you're removing versatility... Well, you get the idea. So maybe you don't change hit points then. Maybe you're like... We'll change attack rate! Obviously, this is a bit harder to change than attack or hit points... You have to take into consideration allowable ranges in the attack animation, and you've got to ensure that even because the swords can still attack with a certain value and the game not crash, that the expected amount of damage per time is still occurring since there can be issues with 'missing' damage even in that case... And of course, how much do you slow the attack rate down compared to the increase in attack, and what kind of effects does this have--can it truly compensate on its own for the effects of upping attack? The answer is of course no, because if you slow down the attack rate you've again made the damage a bit more 'spikey', but you have lowered the damage per time of the swords closer to a pre-attack-increase level... And on and on it goes--we haven't even considered other things, like the fact civ and in-game upgrades are a function of the base attack value, or that the damage-dealt effects of swords isn't going to be the same vs everything (and won't follow the expected trend for everything either).

So, unless you have a very good understanding of the game, you can either not make balance changes, make balance changes that are so small they're irrelevant, or make balance changes that significantly alter the game in ways you don't understand (and then when someone figures out what you broke and abusing the shit out of that catches on, make some other arbitrary changes to the balance that changes things, but breaks more stuff in the process).

2. Re-doing the sounds/textures has already been accomplished by ashrzr at eeheaven, with his EEv2 modification to the game. Realforce 'borrowed' one or two textures for his alpha patch on GR, without permission from ashrzr, or attribution to ashrzr.

I'd suggest that if you want someone to re-do the sounds/textures, you just use ashrzr's work--and of course, if you're going to distribute it at the very least say who spent all of the effort on it.

Darko
Basic Member

Post by Darko »

Thank you very much by the commentary Omega

I will consider everything what you have said. But I only try to improve the experience to play empire earth haciendoló more complete the game doing it like an expansion done in mod, that if one it likes can play the one plays that it and which it does not like since no.

On the one to balance almost daily that you have spoken, I have been 10 years playing to the game they removed since it so enough I know, and to seem fodder that are things that enough are unbalanced in the game like for example the airplanes of the age modern World War II and. In World War I the airplanes are of paper and they are destroyed in a moment however in the modern age are too good and that

I am compensating with the change raising the attack the antiaircraft ones to lower a little the supreme aerial superiority in wwII - modern and to raise the life points in the airplanes of wwI to compensate it.

You do not see it well? A greeting!

Thank you very much, a greeting!

eeralf_
Nemesis

Post by eeralf_ »

btw: give me a chance for Mod, i see never Mod's on, but when iam a mod so one Mod is on, hahaha

joke besides

what must a mod do?, hmm, i never see any reason for a mood here , only like usualy that muted me for a joke

hmm, pls serious, a mod must do entertaiment for get peeps here and more, or?

grrrrrrr, sometimes iam realy boring when mods mean better than, ok, go on

but me wasnt a mod, omQ, maybe cuz my english, lol thats like rasitic
no money, lol, thats real

tell me what i do

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

ralf4mod !
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Manni
Lobby Username: Manni

Post by Manni »

-
Last edited by Manni on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eeralf_
Nemesis

Post by eeralf_ »

i understand u so good, but i never tryed for any, but i see some chance, so mybey its right time?, when iam always slleep so i sleeop until my life is over, but i try tell all peeps wat i mean, and this is not bad, maybne u hate me, but my meaning is better than obama or so

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

eeralf_ wrote:i understand u so good, but i never tryed for any, but i see some chance, so mybey its right time?, when iam always slleep so i sleeop until my life is over, but i try tell all peeps wat i mean, and this is not bad, maybne u hate me, but my meaning is better than obama or so
3:20 am Ralf, you were slow on drinking beer or how did you stay awake till 3:20?? :P
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”