Latency(Lag) Fix maybe???

No lobby feature requests. What do you think of the website? Have ideas for community events or a new service we can provide? Let us know here. Constructive criticism only please.
ben55

Latency(Lag) Fix maybe???

Post by ben55 »

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... cyFix.html

(Yes that is for WoW), but you can download it and install it without WoW it is a stand alone program that increases your TCP flow.

I don't think it would work because a lot of what he says in his FAQ deals with your relationship as PC->Server->PC, and this game doesn't have a server it is Direct Connect, but I remember having to open TCP and UDP ports to host, so maybe it would help. I'm not tech savvy enough to make a clear call on it.(Why I am posting it here)
Does Leatrix Latency Fix work with any other games?
Leatrix Latency Fix modifies the way in which Windows handles acknowledgements to TCP segments. As such, it will affect any application that you have installed which uses the TCP protocol to transfer data. A lot of games use UDP so won't be affected but for the games that use TCP (such as World of Warcraft and Aion), you should see a significant reduction in latency.
As for the program it works GREAT to put this in EE terms say I have a 3 bar ping after I install this I have max ping always no matter what my fiance can download movies all she wants and I still have max ping bars :D. I even notice a difference on my FireFox.

If it would help with EE lag IDK. I would guess not, but I thought it was worth posting in chance it might if not this will speed up a lot of other stuff like streams, browsers etc, so I guess it is not a complete waste if it doesn't help you in EE.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

President Obama
Lobby Username: President Obama

Re: Latency(Lag) Fix maybe???

Post by President Obama »

I'm pretty sure there's no way to fix latency. I believe there's a difference between latency and lag though I'm now thinking I'm wrong. I have satellite and it has a huge latency, I thought lag was when a connection is simply not fast enough and can not get enough data to the host as then the game pauses to catch up. With latency I only sometimes lag a tiny bit BUT if I tell a unit to move it will move 3 seconds later, hence why I dont play online. Get what I mean?
This signature is only 17kb. That makes it ftw.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Re: Latency(Lag) Fix maybe???

Post by SlipKnoT »

interesting. well only 1 way to find out. let some ppl who have the minor lags try it out and comment

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”