Star Craft 2

Talk about other games -- past, present, and future -- in this forum.
BoomeR
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: [RoK]_BoomeR_

Re: Star Craft 2

Post by BoomeR »

And if you wan't to watch gameplay vids with English commentary, check http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft and http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft. Hundreds of 1v1s and 2v2s from beta and tournaments.
[RoK]_BoomeR_

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

grr my friends keep telling me that SC2 is faster paced than ee :( and takes more skill >_<
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

SKULLS
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] SKULLS

Post by SKULLS »

Wish i could say that i will try it. But i doubt anyone will ever be able to find as good a white powder as ee.
Strength and Honor

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

SKULLS wrote:Wish i could say that i will try it. But i doubt anyone will ever be able to find as good a white powder as ee.
It's a shame a lot of people isn't aware of this game's existence.

When Empire Earth was made, it had something special in it (which Ghost call it Playability or something), which stood the test of time. It's nearing nine years old. I've played similar games such as Warcraft 3, and it only toke me 2 hours to get bored of it, same concept, but it had a vital thing missing from it, which ghost says, is playability.

I don't know if Starcraft 2 will share the same fate as most RTS games, but, like ghost said, if they go 'Graphics > Gameplay' (which they probably will), it won't live up to it's hype :|

Look at EE, it's almost nine, and the graphics, compared to modern games, blow. However, Empire Earth is just so fun (and to some, addicting, apparently), that it was able to withstand such hardships (e.g. The Old Lobby getting shut down)

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

touching speech but im pretty sure starcraft isn't going overboard on the graphics as im watching 2 guys vs each other on starcraft beta thing oO

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

X warrior411 wrote:
SKULLS wrote:Wish i could say that i will try it. But i doubt anyone will ever be able to find as good a white powder as ee.
It's a shame a lot of people isn't aware of this game's existence.

When Empire Earth was made, it had something special in it (which Ghost call it Playability or something), which stood the test of time. It's nearing nine years old. I've played similar games such as Warcraft 3, and it only toke me 2 hours to get bored of it, same concept, but it had a vital thing missing from it, which ghost says, is playability.

I don't know if Starcraft 2 will share the same fate as most RTS games, but, like ghost said, if they go 'Graphics > Gameplay' (which they probably will), it won't live up to it's hype :|

Look at EE, it's almost nine, and the graphics, compared to modern games, blow. However, Empire Earth is just so fun (and to some, addicting, apparently), that it was able to withstand such hardships (e.g. The Old Lobby getting shut down)
Yeah, but you can make a case that the original starcraft has a much higher playability than Empire Earth (though tbh I'd rate them roughly the same). The game is a lot older, still kicks ass, and has MANY MANY MANY more players than EE. And worse graphics than EE, by FAR.

If Starcraft 2 is only half as "playable" as Starcraft, it'll still rate as "extremely playable".

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

id say it really depense on which road they decide to take. ee2 went for the fail road. but i doubt sc2 will venture away from something that has worked for longer then a decade. imo it would b worth the buy

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

how do you convert actions per minute in starcraft2 to player speed in empire earth O_o?!

(AoW) Necro
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Necro

Post by (AoW) Necro »

Im just downloading that beta thing - stayed away from SC and EE:AOC cause i hate gay space shit. But i guess i have no option now - there are like no good active RTS games left to play.

Any of you noobs starting sc2 beta soon lemme know - oh and if any1 has like a "completely for noobs handbook on what is what" for sc2 id appreciate it

btw the 3 civs r gay and air is gay and having to play hardcore asian hotkey spammers is gay!

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

White Fang wrote:how do you convert actions per minute in starcraft2 to player speed in empire earth O_o?!
There's no direct conversion, but you could always record yourself playing EE and count the number of actions in a sufficiently long time interval, then divide by that time interval (in real minutes).

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Did anybody buy it? It thought we would lose and average of 20 people online or something but I guess not many people bought it. :P I didn't play the single player at all but MP is pretty cool :D Nexus wars and TD are both pretty fun to play :) For sure its a lot better then getting killed through walls and getting sprayed buy pistols that have Tiny Crosshairs, and lets not forget the never ending rain of explosives! 1 think I still don't like about the game is only having versperene gas and minerals as the only 2 resources, but its a futuristic RTS game so I guess I shouldn't complain.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

the Battlenet and Real ID shit sucks cock. Other than that it is a fun game. It also fucked with my soundcard which is really pissing me off. Thought it does look like Activision forced Blizzard to rush it out. Which is really hurting Blizzard's reputation, but Activision is great at killing gaming company's reputation.

Fun game; shitty user interface and friend system.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

noobsneedtraining
Novice Member
Lobby Username: noobsneedtraining

Post by noobsneedtraining »

WESSSSSS COME BACK AND SC2 W/ US BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
fly dance: you die ok i die no ok

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

Jossos here, and I have played this game, and feel like talking about it for a bit.

Firstly, the gameplay is as stale as it comes. I thought starcraft 1 was pretty cool, but I never stuck with it since I had empire earth. every game is the fucking same. Sure you can chang your build a bit, but every game you're mining the same fucking minerals and gas, making the same fucking buildings. The only strategy really is when you decide to expand or not, make a certain building first, research something first, aswell as harass enemy with probe or drone or sev, and if you figure out what units do what, you can micro them the same way every battle you come across. Some of the units are interesting, but this game is just FLAT.

So why does everyone love the starcraft series? I already know. It's the little unit animations in those boxes, and the outstanding cinematics (which are actually a bit dodgy sometimes I noticed in the campaign). A lot of other games never had this when starcraft 1 did it (the little unit animations in the box i mean), so they could get away with a basic game (that was actually pretty good for it's time) and throw in those nice cinemetics too.

Starcraft 1 was good in it's time, but it didn't even have as much diversity as age of empires 2, mind you i think aoe2 was made sometime after? I'm not sure but I think so.

Starcraft 2 has no excuse to be the same fucking game after 10 years. But what the dick do they care, they are making buckets of cash from this. The graphics are all that sells it. So much emphasis went into the graphics, and it really looks great, but the gameplay is just the same every fucking game, and there's not really that much you can do. I like the collosus unit. It's cool, but once again, same shit all the time. Watch out for the unit's that counter collosus, use collosus to kill lot's of units.

I've always noticed that unlike empire earth, starcraft needs maps that create "impassible terrain" like how maps always have those lava pits or those cliffs, or those holes in where u can see a whole city below, thrown all over the place in order to make choke points and whatnot. If they actually just had a normal map without these impassible areas, the crap diversity of starcraft units and buildings would be much more obvious, whereas empire earth players create their own map from the randomized one, and don't need all that , impassible crap. (which you can fly over i suppose, but it's still not the same)

This game completely sells itself on its goddam excelent graphics, which is all blizzard wants, but the gameplay is 10 years behind - They covered this up well. I weep for the future of RTS games.

I've returned My starcraft 2 game back to the store, and am glad to have it out of my house.

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

I never played sc1 but sc2 is shit. Thank god I download games before actually buying them.
The grapic is ok, the story is, well I don't like those space-futur-whatever.., but apart from that it was good.
The rest... BORING.
And the micro is a joke, the maps are to small, units just block each others.

Anyway,this is probably because I don't like blizzard games at all. Those damn non-realistic units and the colorfull enviroment gives me a headache.

Lg LacRi

Ps: the graphic isn't that good, from a 2010 game, I expect more. (however, I think that wasn't blizzards goal anyway.)

Return to “Gaming”