Pokemon

Talk about other games -- past, present, and future -- in this forum.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Pokemon

Post by Arntzen »

Let's get real, what's your favorite Pokemon/Pokemon team of six?
Btw, I've no idea about any other Pokemons than from the first generation (Red/Blue/Yellow) so hopefully from those games!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Re: Pokemon

Post by BigRon »

Red/Blue/Yellow only?

Okay.. let me remember

Lapras
Snorlax
Vaporeon (Love that one)
Exxegutor
Charizard (OFC)
Dragonite/Gyarados

maybe some light pokemon mhhh!

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Venusaur
Marowak
Starmie
Jolteon

was my go to 4 I never really used anymore than those four except like a psyduck and pidgy for the HM moves lol.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

mew
Aerodactyl
dragonite
lapras
ditto
blastoise

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

lawls @ Faith's n33b trash team

1st Gen Pokemon sucks but my favorite RBY team would have to be

Gengar
Snorlax
Zapdos
Alakazam
Slowbro
Articuno

My favorite 1st Gen Pokemon is Sandslash but it doesn't fit into this team

Overall my favorite Pokemon team would look more like this

Gengar (still pwns)
Ampharos
Cloyster
Metagross
Tangrowth
Latias

Cloyster can be replaced with Ferrothorn/Forretress/Volcarona/Starmie/Kabutops (for lawlz) and occasionally I'll take out Tangrowth for extra power or substitute Metagross for better coverage against certain types (Houndoom, Dragonite/Salamence, Scizor, and Tyranitar come to mind).

Oh yeah, I also love Mamoswine

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Nice teams you guys. I'm surprised nobody chose arguably the best Pokemon in the game (if you look away from the legendary Pokemon) which is Tauros. Also none of you chose Chansey with his 700+ HP. :shock:

Favorite Pokemon is Nidoking, no doubt.

The teams I've listed has moves mainly for battling. Here's my favorite team (just for the looks, or Pokemon I think is fun to use) is:
Nidoking - Earthquake, Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Body Slam
Arcanine - Flamethrower, Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Reflect
Jolteon - Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Pin Missile, Body Slam
Golem - Body Slam, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Explosion
Porygon - Sharpen, Hyper Beam, Thunder Wave, Recover
Kadabra - Psychic, Recover, Ice Beam, Thunder Wave

My best team (without any legendary):
Starmie - Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Recover, Thunder Wave
Exeggutor - Psychic, Sleep Powder, Explosion, Mega Drain
Lapras - Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Confuse Ray
Tauros - Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Blizzard
Chansey - Ice Beam, Softboiled, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt
Alakazam - Psychic, Recover, Thunder Wave, Reflect

My most OP team:
Mew - Swords Dance, Earthquake, Hyper Beam, Softboiled
Mewtwo - Amnesia, Psychic, Blizzard, Recover
Zapdos - Thunderbolt, Drill Peck, Thunder Wave, Agility
Rhydon - Earthquake, Rock Slide, Substitute, Body Slam

Rushing (beating the E4 as fast as I can):
Blastoise - Surf, Ice Beam, Skull Bash, Body Slam
Mew - Psychic, Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Softboiled

Since I only use two Pokemon, I can skip a lot of trainers and still take down E4 with ease. Will need to either use the Rare Candy glitch on Elixer or PP UP so Mew will have enough Psychic moves throughout the League tho.
P-51 wrote:Gengar (still pwns)
Gengar is not even on my top 10 list (without legendary). His only strong card is that he's the fastest sleeper in the game (RBY) and that he's immune to Body Slam.
He's the only Ghost Pokemon in the game, so in theory he should beat Alakazam, but since he's Ghost/Poison he stand no chance. Rhydon also demolishes him. You only really pick Gengar for his sleep, and for that I'd rather have Exeggutor, or Lapras with sing in stead.

BigRon

Post by BigRon »

I wish there was an online game where you could battle against others.. maybe inclue the gold/silver pokemons because there are some badass ones too i.e. Tyranitar 8) , houndoom and feraligatr

P-51

Post by P-51 »

BigRon wrote:I wish there was an online game where you could battle against others.. maybe inclue the gold/silver pokemons because there are some badass ones too i.e. Tyranitar 8) , houndoom and feraligatr
There are at least three clients that I know of where you can.

I use this one:

http://www.pokemon-online.eu/

Let me know when you're ready to fight!

But you should really try all the generations, 4th Gen really made Pokemon the excellent competitive game that it is today.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Yeah Chansey is fun to use occasionally. I just think Slowbro does the special wall thing better.
Arntzen wrote: My best team (without any legendary):
Starmie - Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Recover, Thunder Wave
Exeggutor - Psychic, Sleep Powder, Explosion, Mega Drain
Lapras - Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Confuse Ray
Alakazam - Psychic, Recover, Thunder Wave, Reflect
Gengar and Zapdos are the only Pokemon that can effectively kill all six of those, maybe Snorlax if you use it right. And Gengar can easily switch into any of those except Alakazam. Gengar is certainly the best Pokemon to switch into Tauros. Being part poison does suck because it screws him up defensively, and gives him no offensive benefits. But I think they just did that because 1st Gen is so broken and it would have been way too unbalanced with pure ghost type Gengars pwning the game. Exeggutor is better for putting to sleep but definitely not Lapras, sing is an awful move and Lapras has too good of a movepool to waste a slot with sing.
Arntzen wrote:
P-51 wrote:Gengar (still pwns)
Gengar is not even on my top 10 list (without legendary). His only strong card is that he's the fastest sleeper in the game (RBY) and that he's immune to Body Slam.
He's the only Ghost Pokemon in the game, so in theory he should beat Alakazam, but since he's Ghost/Poison he stand no chance. Rhydon also demolishes him. You only really pick Gengar for his sleep, and for that I'd rather have Exeggutor, or Lapras with sing in stead.
And also now that Gengar has levitate it solves the earthquake problem.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

P-51 wrote: Gengar and Zapdos are the only Pokemon that can effectively kill all six of those
Zapdos is legendary, so he's out of the picture. Gengar's weakness to both psychic and earthquake makes him weak to three of the pokemons I listed. Tauros beat him 100% of the time one on one so no. Gengar can not "effectively kill all six".

Looking back I think I would have switched Lapras for Rhydon. It's been more than five years since my last battle.
P-51 wrote:And Gengar can easily switch into any of those except Alakazam.
Another reason I'm regretting not having Rhydon in my team. Lapras and Starmie basically filled the same role, so useless to have both of them. With Rhydon in my team I'd have two huge counters to Gengar, and Tauros can be used if necessary. Reason I didn't use him was cause "no legendary" so I didn't need him against Zapdos. Didn't think about Gengar tho.
P-51 wrote: Gengar is certainly the best Pokemon to switch into Tauros. Exeggutor is better for putting to sleep but definitely not Lapras, sing is an awful move and Lapras has too good of a movepool to waste a slot with
Honestly I've no idea who the best Pokemon to switch into Tauros is. Considering all fighter Pokemon are shit, he got no real counter. I do however doubt Gengar would be such a great switch in. Sing on Lapras is only good when used as a surprise. It's no doubt bad. Jynx's sleep, for example, is better.
P-51 wrote: And also now that Gengar has levitate it solves the earthquake problem.
I don't know anything about this. I googled levitate and it said it was introduced in the third generation. Seems great, but still doesn't help Gengars case in RBY.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Legendary doesn't mean ubers, the only 1st Gen Pokemon that aren't allowed in normal games are Mewtwo and Mew. So Zapdos is fine here.

Gengar can take out Tauros on a switch in if you play it right, especially with paralysis support. But even without that, explosion will solve most of your problems. Just make sure you're not going to switch into earthquake.

Slowbro and Articuno can both switch into Tauros pretty well. Tauros's special is garbage. I haven't tested this but I can imagine Slowbro would 2HKO Tauros after one amnesia.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

P-51 wrote:Legendary doesn't mean ubers, the only 1st Gen Pokemon that aren't allowed in normal games are Mewtwo and Mew. So Zapdos is fine here.
Downloaded the Pokemon Online. Never knew about "ubers", "OU" and "UU" classes. Just when me and my friends did a couple of battles we usually had "no legendary" as a rule.

Anyway, after getting my ass kicked online (I believe I'm like 2-8 in stats right now) I've been switching my team up. ATM it's Exeggutor, Starmie, Snorlax, Alakazam, Chansey and of course Tauros.

UU games seems interesting as well. Anyway, I'm up for a fight P-51. :D

CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Post by CusTomm_ »

I think the favourit team is much about looking as well, therefore I would say Lapras and Gyarados. The strongest Team is following tho,

Mewtu
Dragoran
Mew
Arktos
Zapdos
Lavados
Last edited by CusTomm_ on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigRon

Post by BigRon »

Whats that client about? Is it a regular pokemon game like version blue where u gotta level ur pkms up etc or can can u choose ur pokemon at lvl 100 and fight?

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Choose 6 pokemon, choose what generation/class and fight! Actually incredibly good client tbh. You can make 6 different teams for different generation/classes and make it make it search for a opponent..
Adventure_ wrote:I think the favourit team is much about looking as well, therefore I would say Lapras and Gyarados. The strongest Team is following tho,

Mewtu
Dragoran
Mew
Arktos
Zapdos
Lavados
I've no idea if those three in red are actual Pokemon or just something you found up! I'm guessing that's what you thought their names were back when you played Pokemon tho.

Return to “Gaming”