Pokemon

Talk about other games -- past, present, and future -- in this forum.
simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Re: Pokemon

Post by simple_faith »

Arntzen wrote:Choose 6 pokemon, choose what generation/class and fight! Actually incredibly good client tbh. You can make 6 different teams for different generation/classes and make it make it search for a opponent..
Adventure_ wrote:I think the favourit team is much about looking as well, therefore I would say Lapras and Gyarados. The strongest Team is following tho,

Mewtu
Dragoran
Mew
Arktos
Zapdos
Lavados
I've no idea if those three in red are actual Pokemon or just something you found up! I'm guessing that's what you thought their names were back when you played Pokemon tho.
lmfao

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

Arntzen wrote:Choose 6 pokemon, choose what generation/class and fight! Actually incredibly good client tbh. You can make 6 different teams for different generation/classes and make it make it search for a opponent..
Adventure_ wrote:I think the favourit team is much about looking as well, therefore I would say Lapras and Gyarados. The strongest Team is following tho,

Mewtu
Dragoran
Mew
Arktos
Zapdos
Lavados
I've no idea if those three in red are actual Pokemon or just something you found up! I'm guessing that's what you thought their names were back when you played Pokemon tho.
The german translation of the pokemons really sucks. That's what they're called in german, that's why you don't know them.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Thx Wizo , thought people would be able to use google :roll:

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Okey, så hvis jeg skriver på Norsk i et engelsk forum, så er alle andre idioter hvis de ikke bruker google for å finne ut hva jeg sier? Dette er hundre prosent tilbakestående, og langt fra logisk. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:D
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

lol, I didnt write in german, its just the names of pokemons that I could remember. And I guess u need to google them in whatever language they are to know how they look like, so it really doesnt matter. Dont be an idiot.
Btw all the teams u listed are shit :D

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Arntzen wrote:
P-51 wrote:Legendary doesn't mean ubers, the only 1st Gen Pokemon that aren't allowed in normal games are Mewtwo and Mew. So Zapdos is fine here.
Downloaded the Pokemon Online. Never knew about "ubers", "OU" and "UU" classes. Just when me and my friends did a couple of battles we usually had "no legendary" as a rule.

Anyway, after getting my ass kicked online (I believe I'm like 2-8 in stats right now) I've been switching my team up. ATM it's Exeggutor, Starmie, Snorlax, Alakazam, Chansey and of course Tauros.

UU games seems interesting as well. Anyway, I'm up for a fight P-51. :D
Yeah definitely man, challenge me if you ever see me on. My name is Brandon the Wïse.
I actually kind of like RBY UU more than OU and Ubers because there are more options. In OU and Ubers there are fewer Pokemon available that can actually win and most of them only have one purpose. It takes awhile to get into the newer generations but I would encourage it. Its overwhelming at first with all the new abilities/moves/characters but it definitely makes it a more fun and strategic game than it was ten years ago.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Adventure_ wrote:lol, I didnt write in german, its just the names of pokemons that I could remember.
False.jpg
False.jpg (23.83 KiB) Viewed 10234 times
Yes you did. I got proof:
http://www.pokewiki.de/Dragoran
Adventure_ wrote:And I guess u need to google them in whatever language they are to know how they look like, so it really doesnt matter.
False.jpg
False.jpg (23.83 KiB) Viewed 10234 times
It really does matter what language you speak in. If it was in English no one would need to google it. After all this is an English forum. Speaking in a different language and expecting everyone to translate you to find out what the hell you're talking about is ridiculous.
Adventure_ wrote:Dont be an idiot.
Mike told me that. Whenever I’m about to do something, I think, ‘would an idiot do that?’ And if they would, I do not do that thing... Changed my life.
Adventure_ wrote:Btw all the teams u listed are shit :D
Please elaborate on that. Looking at your team I'm VERY curios to which argument you can do against my teams. If you're talking about my Uber team, then the very best argument you can do is switching out Chansey for Snorlax in my Uber team, in which case (after some battling) I'll agree.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Lawl. Moltres is garbage.

http://www.pokewiki.de/Lavados

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

I am not gonna argue with u about 3 german pokemon names. Sorry.
Arntzen wrote:
Adventure_ wrote:Btw all the teams u listed are shit :D
Please elaborate on that. Looking at your team I'm VERY curios to which argument you can do against my teams. If you're talking about my Uber team, then the very best argument you can do is switching out Chansey for Snorlax in my Uber team, in which case (after some battling) I'll agree.
Well u find discussions about this "best" teams in every freaky Pokemon forum... Debating about the best team obivously is a lot about counter units and special attacks etc. But since every good team has a variety of units, its hard to argue with counter units since every team has counter units for every team :roll:. So the conclusion will always be that u first of all need a nice variety in ur team and than simply look for HP and attack stats. The team I posted simply has the highest attack and HP stats all together.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

You're saying:
Adventure_ wrote:I am not gonna argue with u about 3 german pokemon names. Sorry.
But all I see is:
Adventure_ wrote:I admit now that I wrote the names in German, so I'm a fool for saying that I didn't write in German earlier.
FYI this was never an argument. This was me telling you you're wrong, then you lying, and then admitting you were wrong all along.
Adventure_ wrote:So the conclusion will always be that u first of all need a nice variety in ur team and than simply look for HP and attack stats.
Let's be so primitive that we only look at HP and Attack statistics for both our teams.
Since we have three similar Pokemon this is just about my Snorlax/Tauros/Rhydon against your Moltres/Articuno/Dragonite.

Rhydon:----------Snorlax:-----------Tauros:
Attack: 130------Attack: 110--------Attack: 100
HP: 105----------HP: 160------------HP: 75
Total= 235-------Total= 270--------Total= 175-------------Total Team= 680

Moltres:----------Articuno:----------Dragonite:
Attack: 100------Attack: 85---------Attack: 134
HP: 90------------HP: 90-------------HP: 91
Total= 190-------Total= 175--------Total= 225--------------Total Team= 590

"Oh but you changed Snorlax for Chansey!"
Chansey has 250 points in HP and 5 in attack so with her instead of Snorlax team total= 655.

Where I found the points: http://www.smogon.com/rb/pokemon/

So your statement:
Adventure_ wrote:The team I posted simply has the highest attack and HP stats all together.
Is false.

Now, if we go over the total points your team has with HP/ATK/DEF/SPC/SPE then your team has more points in total, simply because you picked the 6 Pokemon with most total points. This doesn't mean your team is better, same way if I go on Fifa13 and pick the 11 players with most overall stats on my team, it does not make it the best team in the world.
Firstly these points says how the Pokemon work as an individual, not as a team. Second of all these aren't all the factors. For instance what kind of movepool a Pokemon has, which move is STAB (same type attack bonus). Also for example looking at Tauros who has a 21.4% Critical hit rate, this is obviously not something to be overlooked.

Obviously I'm no expert, but what you're claiming is too stupid not to laugh at. I do however encourage you to try to discuss this properly instead of claiming stuff out of the blue. For example what kind of moves your Pokemon would have, who's your starter etc etc.

CusTomm_

Post by CusTomm_ »

lol Katzer ur just pissing everyone of taking everything so serious, no one cares about three pokemon written in german apart from you^^ U gonna die on a heart attack :P. And of course u r in the position of telling who is right and how is wrong, but I really dont care. So lets just say I am an idiot and u r right to just stop this nutty topic

How u wanna argue about the best team when u consider special attacks and all this stuff. And obviously no one is able to prove which team works best together. So the only thing u can do is, have a look on the points of the Pokemon and my team clearly wins :tongue:.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Who am I pissing off exactly?

Why is it that just because I use reason and facts to support my claims I'm apparently taking everything so seriously? I don't know if you caught it, but the whole Dwight-post was mostly just for fun.

I originally didn't care if it was German or not, I asked because I didn't know if that was new Pokemon or just something you came up with. Then you started rolling your eyes cause people didn't translate your post so they could understand it, and on top of it all said to me: "Don't be an idiot".

Trust me, it's really impossible to take someone acting like you serious.
Adventure_ wrote:So lets just say I am an idiot and u r right to just stop this nutty topic
It was already said, and already finished. But of course, if you want to continue admitting you're an idiot then by all means. :D
Adventure_ wrote:How u wanna argue about the best team when u consider special attacks and all this stuff.
I'm glad you asked. :thumbsupl:
We can look at which Pokemon is used the most for battling. In RBY Ubers tier, Tauros is for instance the third most used, with 52.27%. Moltres on the other hand is on 28th place, with 2.27%.
If we then go on to OU Tier (this basically means no Mew/Mewtwo). Tauros is number 1 with 79,78%, and Moltres is down at 51st place with only 0.29%.
FACT: Pikachu is used more. He's at 50th place. :wink:

Clearly something is wrong with your team.
Look for yourself: http://stats.pokemon-online.eu/RBY%20OU/index.html

PS: Since you're the one getting pissed, I believe you're the one most likely to die of a heart attack. :mrgreen:
PSPS: I'm continuing this because I hope one day I'll get through your stubborn and ignorant mind.

Let me take a wild guess here, are you religious?

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Adventure_ wrote:So the only thing u can do is, have a look on the points of the Pokemon and my team clearly wins :tongue:.
Thats not true at all. If you only consider the attack and HP stats of a Pokemon you are leaving out so many other variables. You need to consider move pools and typing, and all of the other stats you neglected to consider. And since we are talking 1st Gen here, speed is more important than any other stat because each Pokemon has a unique critical hit ratio that is dependent on their speed stat. Moltres is the best example of this, it has decent stats but is quite a terrible Pokemon because it has so many other problems that you won't see if you only look at its attack and HP stats.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

I see you're three points behind me in RBY UU. We must have a match soon to break this near-tie!

Return to “Gaming”