Age of Empires 4 is coming !!

Talk about other games -- past, present, and future -- in this forum.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Age of Empires 4 is coming !!

Post by Arntzen »

A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

D55
Lobby Username: D55

Re: Age of Empires 4 is coming !!

Post by D55 »

I am pretty excited about this as well. I wonder what epochs this one will contain and how similar it will be to former Rick Goodman games including Empire Earth.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Since they are also making Age of Empires Definitive Edition which is a remake of AOE 1, 2 and 3 in 4K graphics. I'm guessing the 4th one will be very similar to the other AOEs in the series and that it will be the last one.
Either way I'm a lot more excited about a new AOE game than what I was about SC2.

Also with the definitive edition there'll be a lot of new players on all games, so good news for anyone who enjoyed any AOE game :D

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

I never liked AoE much because EE was comparatively so much better, but I will consider this one just for the opportunity of having an RTS multiplayer community to play with. Something very important for this game is that they maintain random map generation. I never played the third AoE but I heard they took it away in favor of the Starcraft approach to maps, which turns into a matter of who does a better job of memorizing maps instead of who does a better job of adapting to variables.

TzarKosta
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: TzarKosta

Post by TzarKosta »

Best would be all epochs like EE
Big pop limit not the lame 200
Small transparent interface not like Age 3 half of the monitor is interface i hate that
Many different units and Nations
And a nice clear lobby like EE
And maybe a 6v6 would also be interesting 8)

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Custom civs was part of why EE was so much better than AoE. It would be nice to see something like that.

TzarKosta
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: TzarKosta

Post by TzarKosta »

P-51 wrote:Custom civs was part of why EE was so much better than AoE. It would be nice to see something like that.
It would be better if the buildings and units of the nations look differently what disturbs me a bit in EE. For example, you are playing with China and you are building a Leopard tank or F16. This is not realistic...

D55
Lobby Username: D55

Post by D55 »

TzarKosta wrote: It would be better if the buildings and units of the nations look differently what disturbs me a bit in EE. For example, you are playing with China and you are building a Leopard tank or F16. This is not realistic...
I understand that but what if you could customize civs points based on the units you choose to have as oppose to the points for stats of a unit based on the type. The could be certain units you can choose in a civ but with a set limit just like ee with the stat points for types of units

Pizza
Lurker
Lobby Username: »dSa« Pizza

Post by Pizza »

TzarKosta wrote:
P-51 wrote:Custom civs was part of why EE was so much better than AoE. It would be nice to see something like that.
It would be better if the buildings and units of the nations look differently what disturbs me a bit in EE. For example, you are playing with China and you are building a Leopard tank or F16. This is not realistic...
Looking at modern games every unit or nation might have different skins (to buy in a shop or to level up :P)

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

If the gameplay is too much like the previous AOE's then unfortunately this game won't be that good.

The thing is with EE, and sc2 for that matter, is the fact their gameplay is as good as it can get really, and by this I mean controlling of units, keeping it simple when building structures, and keeping resources and economy management simple.

Unfortunately, this day and age a lot of games tend to focus so much on good quality graphics rather than good quality gameplay. The reason why EE was so successful was because of it's pace and gameplay, the fact that the graphics weren't particularly great didn't really bother anyone cause the gameplay was so good.

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

I am excited as well, altough lets not Forget, that this is just an announcing Trailer. Probably will take several years until it is released. And ya I hope they get random maps. Relic has actually made some nice games, so im looking forward to this one.
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

You're right its just an announcement trailer. I expect they will finish the remastered versions of the first 3 games before they release AOE4 too.
It's still good news for the future of RTS.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

TzarKosta wrote:
EE is not the type of game you would play for realism. I would rather have good mechanics and balance.
If I wanted a genuinely historical experience I would play some Gary Grigsby or Scourge of War type of shit.

USOLA
Global Moderator
Xfire: usola
Lobby Username: usola

Post by USOLA »

sweet!!! cant wait for it to come out :thumbsupl: :thumbsupr:

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

We should make a nice EE1 remaster.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “Gaming”