Trying to make an EE Bot - help with data?

Discuss anything here related to the large world of computers and electronics, whether you're asking for help, wanting to learn more, or just want to share some intellect with your fellow forumers.
Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Trying to make an EE Bot - help with data?

Post by Oldspice »

Hi Guys, so since I've been away from ee for so long, i've decided I want to make a bot for it, mainly so I can vs it, and it could be a little fun project, however I'm having trouble disecting the game. I've figured some information on unit positions and their hp, but I can't figure out how this memory is stored since it seems to be different each time the game is run. Also units are not always stored in order, so i don't quite get that either. Could someone help pls?

Oldspice

Re: Trying to make an EE Bot - help with data?

Post by Oldspice »

UPDATE: Ok, So I've been l33tly hacking the game, and now the "bot (Who I will be calling ErikBot)" has a list of every unit and resource. The next part was trying to figure out how to actually send commands to the game. Now reading in data is one thing, but I can't actually get ErikBot to send commands to the game, only key strokes, button presses and mouse clicks. The bot as no idea what's on the screen, or where things are, but I do however have the coords for the camera, and the units, so my plan is to have the mouse locked to the center of the screen at all times, and the bot simple moves the camera over what he wants to click/attack. my only fear is hills, but I will see if that is solvable. Sometimes when you scroll over hills, you are way too zoomed in, since it treats level 0 as the ground still, but if you click and hold on the minimap, the camera is at the correct height.

As soon as the bot actually plays the game I will post a video. It will be nauseating im sure.

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

keep up the good work! sounds great!
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Yeah that sounds pretty cool. Update when you see progress p10x.

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Does it make its own civ or you tell it what to click on before? I'm just wondering why you wouldn't have it load a premade civ.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

P-51 wrote:Does it make its own civ or you tell it what to click on before? I'm just wondering why you wouldn't have it load a premade civ.
Because anyone using this bot might not have this custom civ in the proper location.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I suggest making the bot pause for civ then :D
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Technical Discussion”