Smartphone advice..

Discuss anything here related to the large world of computers and electronics, whether you're asking for help, wanting to learn more, or just want to share some intellect with your fellow forumers.
Wizo
Advanced Member

Smartphone advice..

Post by Wizo »

Hey guys, I thought you could help me on this. I'm looking for a new smartphone and I'm not sure which of these I should take.
iPhone 5 16 GB
Samsung Galaxy S4 16 GB
HTC One 32 GB

During the past two years I've used a Galaxy S2 and it worked pretty well. However, I've heard that barely anything has changed from the S2 to the S4. I'm also using a MAC OS.
Any suggestions? If possible could one point out the advantages/disadvantages of these phones?
Thanks.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Re: Smartphone advice..

Post by simple_faith »

Galaxy S4:

Lmfao no real difference from s2 to the s4? who ever said that must be autistic because from s2 to s3 is already a big difference. Anyways the 2 big things that the s4 is that it has expandable memory up to 64gb(micro sdxc card), and a removeable battery, bigger screen coming from the s2/s3.

Downside? Yes some. Samsung has implemented so much useless features that people will barely/never use that it hogs up all the RAM that it has which is 2gb. This of course is easily fixable by rooting and deleting bloatware and such so not really a downside.

Now for the HTC One, I guess the upside is that it is the same price as the Galaxy s4 but comes with 32GB internal memory, the camera is fucking amazing 4 ultrapixel(trust me its good), the sound(god damn its good and loud) also the display I think is way better than the s4. It also has a IR Emitter so you can use it as a remote control.

Downside? Non removable battery(You can't put an extended battery if you want but this can be fixed by buying a case/battery pack), no expandable memory.

Iphone 5 speaks for itself so not going to talk about that.

How do I know all this? I've played with all these phones as I work for radioshack etc etc. So pretty much I think that the HTC One > Galaxy s4 unless you need a lot of memory for movies/apps/pictures. If not then get the HTC ONE.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Re: Smartphone advice..

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

lol faith helping someone ;o omg
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great