ISO-Files for Virtual CD Drives

Discuss anything here related to the large world of computers and electronics, whether you're asking for help, wanting to learn more, or just want to share some intellect with your fellow forumers.
eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

ISO-Files for Virtual CD Drives

Post by eeralf_ »

sry , have a new Problem, hope maybe one have knowledge about ISO Files and can help me

i found a old game (C&C Red-Alert) for free download on net and download the ISO files for use it on Virtual CD-Drive and it works fine.
(i use Virtual-Clone-Cd and MagicISO, both works good normaly)
after i download the Expansion-Packs "Counterstrike" and "Aftermath", both ISO-Files doesnt work
and cant mount on the Virtual CD-Software, grrrrrrrrrrrr
i look with a Hex-Viewer into the ISO-Files, and the Standard Game have a 0x on first byte, but the ISO-Files from the Expansion-Packs have a none-Zero Valuie on first byte, hmm.

thanks anyway, i know, maybe its to hard to fix it, i search a whole day on iNet, waste of time!!

Prooooooooost!!
Ralf

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: ISO-Files for Virtual CD Drives

Post by lightnessking. »

Mount with Daemon-Tools

Do you get a specific error or is an installation executable not running properly? (Or can't you see the virtual drive by default.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

sry, my drives are ok, i see all virtual drives (btw: i use the Total-Commander for file-handling, not the f.ck windows-explorer), this is not the problem, all my ISO-Files i created or downloaded work fine, but with both, aftermath and counterstrike expansion packs not, it must be a special case, i havnt any idea.

thanks for trying help

Ralf

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

iso files might be corrupt? Try re-downloading or re-making them (if you were the creator of the ISO.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “Technical Discussion”