Building a Computer

Discuss anything here related to the large world of computers and electronics, whether you're asking for help, wanting to learn more, or just want to share some intellect with your fellow forumers.
inola
Nemesis

Re: Building a Computer

Post by inola »

I wouldn't buy that video card you can get a ati 5770 that's around the same price and is 15-20% faster. The 250 gts runs with the ati 4850 which is 2+ years old.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Well i plan on taking Pics of it so ill upload 1 or 2 :) and ill think about that Ati Card

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

Destroyer wrote:Well i plan on taking Pics of it so ill upload 1 or 2 :) and ill think about that Ati Card
You better do more than think that 250 will get bitched slapped by Bad Company 2 and any other future dx11 games.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Well i got butt raped 150$ To replace my phone so I got a 220 (for now of course) and Ill try to get a Ati next :D ill upload the Pics soon and i would like to thank everyone for the Tips and help but i really would like to thank *tear drops* binary for telling me how to install windows 7 (joke)

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

220 sucks bad :/

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

It gets the job done for now next ill get a radeon and a bigger power supply

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

you were better off getting the high-end older model, instead of the low end newer model..
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

well the best thing to do is actually read up on everything anyone tells you that way you know exactly what your putting in your comp, and if your taking advice from someone who is always building comps for themselves (more than 1 every 2 years) then they are obviously fucking something up which is making them do that, you build a new comp it should last easily 5-7 years and run anything that comes out with a 3 year reboot of the os to regain speed which all computers lose over a couple years or just get a new comp every 3-4 years like i normally do but im poor atm lol

and as peow said, why the hell would you buy some noob ass pos vidio card instead of one thats 2 years old and a lot better and just update when that one is no longer usable which would probably be 3-5 years, you might as well just use the onboard chip instead of a low grade that usually isnt supported by any game and you end up having massive troubles just getting shit to run on it

you should also check out the average heat indexes for what your buying so you know if the fans/tower will support what your getting cause if you build your shit wrong then your gonna end up having crashing problems due to overheats, ive just been working with someone who had someone else build a comp for him and they put the fans in the wrong spot and blowing the wrong directions, everything in his comp was running over 65C, didnt put a partitioned iso incase he would have to reinstall, which he does due to a harsh virus he got

it dont take much to realy fuck your comp up that your building, and if you fuck it up sometimes you cant fix the problem and you just wasted all that time and money for a paper weight

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

God damn it calm down people i said for Now ill replace the GPU when another time

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

Little question to you graphic experts:
Is an ATI HD 5670 1024Mb GDDR5 good?
It looks like it'd slightly better than my Geforce 9800GTX
Thinking about buying a new computer sicne I still got on of the first dual cores and the ATI comes with the one I'm thinking about buying
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

I wouldn't replace a 9800gtx with 5670. The 5670 is an extreme value card it is very low end.
Here is a Link showing the 9800gt raping the 5670 up pretty good and the 9800gtx is a little faster than the 9800gt.

If I were you I wouldn't go less than ati 5770 from a 9800gtx. You can find 5770 for about $50+ more than 5670 depending on name brand.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

Hey Nola what happens if I OC the Frequency of my PC anyway :P? i have it set to 9 but maximum is 22

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

That must be the multiplier your talking about do it and find out. It might boot at 22 :)

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

inola wrote:That must be the multiplier your talking about do it and find out. It might boot at 22 :)
It Blows up :shock: ? Ill get my old celoron PC go outside and OC to 10GHz

darkiller
Basic Member
Lobby Username: _Killer!_

Post by darkiller »

dam making me read this. i want to build a pc now. lol.

Return to “Technical Discussion”