NeoEE patch installer 'CD Key cannot be installed'

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
sen123
Lurker

NeoEE patch installer 'CD Key cannot be installed'

Post by sen123 »

Hi everyone,

I tried installing the neoee patch to my empire earth.
I have empire earth gold edition bought on gog.com.
When installing i get the message 'CD Key cannot be installed due to unknown error.
I have tried turning anti virus and firewall off. Changed anti virus software and still the same error.
I cant change the installation directory because it just skips to 'installing' but it doesnt install anything.

Any fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Re: NeoEE patch installer 'CD Key cannot be installed'

Post by Bogdan_xD »

re-install the NeoEE lobby or if you installed it already, run the NeoEE lobby installer again and chouse "repair Cd-KEYS"..repeat this process till it says that the operations is succesfull.If it's not succesfull, it actually says that there were problems, usually it's problems of setting up the cd-keys.

Also, run the Installer as the administrator . Right click on the installer exe -> Run as Administrator.
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

johannmota
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: johannmota

Re: NeoEE patch installer 'CD Key cannot be installed'

Post by johannmota »

Please Help me!

It was always my dream as a child to play online. I tried everything for years, playing pirate, downloading Gameranger, I tried everything, but I never succeeded. This week I decided to pay for the original, but even so I was still frustrated, because I can't play online. I downloaded EE GOE, and it opens normally. However, I want to play online. I downloaded NeoEE, but when the installation finishes, a message appears saying: "unable to install cd keys: general/uncknow error" Please, I beg for help!
(to save you time: I have already deactivated the antivirus)

Return to “Support”