Strange scrolling bug

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
DerAstrophysiker
Lurker

Strange scrolling bug

Post by DerAstrophysiker »

Hi,

I tried to install EE-AOC on my Windows 10 computer the whole day yesterday and I still cannot figure out how to solve my issue. The bug itself is a bit strange: First of all, the bottom and the right side of the game window are missing. This already happens in the loading screen. Then, as soon as I move my mouse, I scroll to the very bottom right of the screen and am unable to scroll anywhere else. I can still use tab to select villagers (you can barely see the unit selection window on the bottom side), for example.
I tried several things in order to solve this issue, none worked. I changed the graphics settings to the TnL thing and the resolution and depth to my normal settings (i.e. 1920*1080 32 bit); also, in the Nvidia control panel, I manually selected my graphics card as the prime graphics card for all purposes (I am on a Laptop with integrated Intel graphics). I installed the patches 1.04 and 2.00 for my language (German). I am on compatibility mode for Windows 7 and run the program as an administrator - if I change to Windows XP, the game freezes in the menu at some (very soon) point. I also tried to use the no-CD crack, it did not change anything about the issue. Apart from that, I tried out the NeoEE patch for AoC. This did not work either, it did not even change the bug.

What else can I try? I am really at a loss and I did not find any report of the same nature, so I really hope someone can help me here.

Greetings

Return to “Support”